OLTL Discussion for the week of August 15th

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Word.

If they want me to re-invest emotionally w/ any Todd, regardless of who's portraying him at the moment, they'll have to stop with the co-dependent, mutually abusive crap, give us true redemption, and give us a love interest for Todd who won't "reward" him for his repulsiveness w/ another baby.

• Members

I think it was the audience who stopped caring and screaming please spare us more T&B that led to SH's return and then finally FL agreed to return.

Writing Todd relationship requires too much finesse for most writers. They either pull a Malone who romanticized the crap out of T&B in 1995 and drove RH crazy or they choose sink into ugliness like the punch or the dead baby lie sickafest.

JMHO, the Labines handled it best as the relationship actually should be a vehicle to about explore Todd's demons and WHY he's abusive.

• Members

Thank you, Cheap21.

I thought I was the only one who remembered that FL firing rumors were given credence precisely because a) OLTL was cleaning house at the time and B) FL had been on the backburner.

FL's episode count was 45% in 2010 and so far 46% in 2011. That's hardly front burner domination.

• Members

Melinda's murder was strictly to showcase the return of the "original Kelly Cramer" and give Dorian and the Cramers a reason to be afraid of Mitch (the big storyline). Up to that point, only Viki and her family were being decimated by Mitch (Jared was killed, Nash's corpse ridiculed and Viki's husband was given an OOC story with Dorian).

It turned out that Mitch had nothing to do with Melinda's murder. Further, none of the Cramers suffered from the last return of Dorian's ex-husband. Only Viki and her family did. We never saw Melinda. FV didn't even bother to hire a friend to play recast Melinda at any point. He created a deaf-mute "friend" of Melinda who would be murdered in Llanview. He also didn't bring Addie back for the "big Cramer women reunion" after her sister's murder.

• Members

I'll trust Michael Logan's more objective pov and he made it clear Dorian faking being a lesbian drove many viewers away and everyone in the Stacy related story was fired in March. Rex/Gigi, the sacred cows, continued on being propped all the way thru B&N's June wedding last year.

Archived