DAYS: September Promo!

• Members

I agree with every single word of this. Tho, I do think Town Square looks better than Main St.

jack is awful. I prefer jennifer with anyone or even gone from the show rather than have her back with that idiot.

The Bradys suck and i dont get the focus on them. They came along in the 80's. They are not the Hortons. I wish the show would focus more on Victors family, the dimeras and the hortons. But then again the only two main bradys are the best two, Bo and Sami.

I just cant with the intros. The Austin/carrie one specifically looks painful.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Jack, nothing personal but when the show had all these people on it regularly I seem to recall you being all for them. Now you want them all gone because the show is populated by young people who you have met IRL. They may be nice folks, but most of them can't make this show run properly, certainly not alone, and the last couple lame-ass years have proven that. I have been as critical of the focus on the DHs as anyone and I don't think always think much of Austin and Carrie, but I'm willing to give all these people a shot, especially the great Matt Ashford. I think if the DHs, Clark, Muldoon are properly utilized as opposed to eating the show again they can do fine work - they have before, and the show is missing something without Marlena for all her cheesiness and silly acting. It's inexcusable that she wasn't there for Sami's recent trials, if nothing else. And frankly virtually all Jen's love interests since Jack have sucked cock and if you base Jack off the Reilly years it's utterly unfair.

I actually like Molly Burnett, that dude playing Chad, the current Will, I can even tolerate Ari Zuker these days. But the Hernandii? Daniel? The latter-day Chloe? Shelley Hennig? Nathan Horton? The two Taylors? Don't make me laugh. Who cares? This is the St. Valentine's Day Massacre from the '80s again, and it's the right thing to do.

• Members

I just wish they'd dumped Shawn Christian. I can see why they got rid of most of the people they got rid of, but he's a black hole.

The writing for Jack Devereaux is what I am most interested in/dreading. Is he going to be a clown again? I've never really believed the idea that Jennifer is somehow better off without him, but at some point it's going to seem like that mayor on Picket Fences who had Alzheimers and rode a rocking horse in nothing but a diaper.

• Members

Honestly, not at all. Id like to know when you recall me being a Carrie or Jack fan, because its NEVER happened. Ever.

Marlena and John i have loved and hated over the years. I welcome their return, but I do wish it was her alone. She is a great solo character. When he was "dead" she was the best she had been in years.

Molly, casey, Chandler, etc can all go. I dont watch the show because i like them. I love nadia and am SO happy Chloe is leaving as i hate her, and always have (and i LOVE Tamara, and am glad Taylor is exiting because shes awful as well). I just dont think a Horton town Square and 5 returnees are going to change or improve the show, esp if it is going to be corny like this clip. And dont get me wrong, the show needed a change. badly. Its been unwatchable for months and before that it was just tolerable.

What i find interesting is that i was agreeing with many others have said about the promo, and you chose to go on some rant about why it is because i like actors in real life.. Whats the reason AMS feels this way? Or various others?

As for the question you posed, I cared about Nathan, I cared about Stephanie, but im not upset they are gone. And then there is Daniel, whom i do also care about and think he is good with jennifer, a much better choice than Jack the manchild. Same for rafe with Sami. But they can both go, as can Hope or other characters. I dont watch shows for specific characters, I watch when i enjoy the overall show.

• Members

It was really sweet. This pairing has been so surprising and so good. The actors have such good chem, and i love how it has involved multiple other people. I do hope the new writers have a strong, steady plan/story for them because from the start its been very odd and more like a string of good moments than a solid storyline.

• Members

I didn't go on a rant; I very briefly mentioned something you have dropped a number of times around here. And what I'm saying is that while these people may be very nice as people, most of them could not carry the show or hold enough viewers' interest. A show needs a proper mix of history and new blood and Higley's did not work. What I think did work was Victor and Maggie, who I love together and I'm glad to see that's not being dropped. Daniel Jonas OTOH is the worst example of the kind of mindless, pointless beefcake DAYS promoted for years in the late '90s and the last decade.

• Members

But what prompted this?

My saying that carrie/Austins return intro looks cheesy? my saying jack looks like a joke as always? This isnt anything new. Ive long hated both carrie and austin, and have been pretty clear about that. I find jack to be a awful character, and he has been for the better part of 15 years. Saint Carrie is just awful, and i dont find CC to have any screen presence at all. Of course its all subjective, as is everything else.

I dont think any one person/character can carry a show, nor should they. It is an ensemble effort and needs good writing and story lines and actors and characters and much more to go on. I agree a show needs a mix of history and new blood. Dena's Days was at its best when they had young characters mixing it up with older, surprising people in the same story lines, and all of that. It feel flat once they were all isolated again. I just dont see how carrie/austin/jack/marlena/john is going to be a insta fix, esp if the writing is as corny as it is in this promo.

I hope the writers can pull off the magic they are promoting and make the show an incredible, cant miss, sweepingly romantic soap opera as they have touted. Im just doubtful, and this promo sure didnt help that.

Oh, and as for Daniel, he is a bad character. I totally agree. However, i will gladly take him for Jenn over jack anyday. I have enjoyed daniel from time to time, and i wish they would play up his relationship with Victor more than when it fits plot, but if he vanished tomorrow i wouldnt be heartbroken.

• Members

really?

I think the set up of Nicole swapping the babies, the baby swap, graces death, up until the reveal was great. It was the most invested I was in Days in many, many years (tho JER 2.0 & Hogan were not hard to beat). From there tho it was all down hill and completely EJ focused. The good was all accidental - like Maggie/Victor and Stefano/Kate.

The only other story i really loved under dena was the stephanie/nathan/melanie/nathan story but that was another that went downhill to nowhere fast.

• Members

I am choosing to ignore all the comments made on these returns, and I'll see for myself if I like any of these characters.

It does seem like a whole different DAYS than the one we're watching now, though.

• Members

They're boring but I cant see another rational and logical reason why Jennifer would possibly go back to Jack.She's better off alone than with him. The guy has been downright awful to her. And as stated, he is a grown ass man. He is TOO old for all this buffoonery that he still engages in. Grow up already. Now that he's back, I see more of the same endless fighting with him doing stupid stuff and she scolding him like a mother. Ugh!

• Members

No need to be sorry. Everyone has their own opinions/likes and dislikes. I'm fully aware that Carrie isn't everyone's favorite, but that's perfectly fine. I'm part of the group that thinks Sami is the most overexposed, overrated character in Days history, which probably isn't a popular opinion, but hey, what can you do? :)

I've grown up watching Christie (I was 5 when I started watching back in 1987, her second year on the show), so I have fond memories of watching with my mother and having my first real celebrity crush on her, so I will always be partial to Carrie.

+ 1000

Agreed. The only decent things under the evil rule of Lady Dena has been the resurgence of Nicole, and that's only because Ari can act the hell out of anything, no matter what garbage is written for her, and the pairing of Maggie and Victor. I refuse to give Dena credit for this though, because Suzanne and John specifically asked to be paired in a storyline together. Had they not, Higley would never have thought of it.

• Members

Where did this info come from? Because they have been pretty consistent in the story (in interviews that i have read anyways) that it came to the surprise of everyone when they worked together during the melanie/philip romance and mickeys death and that Corday said to go with it. Both actors also have said they were surprised at their chemistry/the reaction/the writing/the support for the coupling. Not saying she deserves credit for it, because even in that scenario it had little/nothing to do with her. Ive heard them say they like working together and hope to do it more, and before the pairing they were pimping it but they were still so far ahead by the time they were talking about it they had filmed months of it even tho it hadnt aired yet. But ive never heard them say they personally requested to be paired together.

Really, even the baby swap i dont give her personally much credit for. That story worked because of the plotting/pace and breakdown writing. But under the dena Higley years if days, i did find it much more enjoyable than it was under JER2 or Hogan. or Higley 1.0.

Archived