Days: Maggie/Victor spoiler from TV Guide

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Sarcasm doesn't mean what you think it means...

I have a great sense of humor! When things are funny that is. I'm also not old so...

Ignorant comments and jokes like the ones in this thread (really? are we still making Depends jokes in 2011? REALLY?) are probably partly why soaps have tried for so long to phase out the older generation, "Ew, no one wants to see that!". It's just tired and lame.

• Members

Seriously. I thought it was all in good fun, going back and forth with you.

Anyone who knows me knows that I'm the biggest Maggie fan, and I've rooted for Magic from day one.

When did people lose their sense of humor?

You are completely entitled to your opinions/views, but I think that you are completely blowing some humor way out of proportion. A few good natured jokes doesn't mean we are trashing the entire older generation. I do not appreciate being called ignorant, which is the furthest thing from the truth. If you don't like my joke, simply say it isn't funny and I will completely respect that...but don't insult or label me when you don't even know me.

• Members

I think it deserves to be noted that, when one has had none to very limited interaction with a poster/posters, these type of jokes can be very easily misinterpreted. All I saw was joke after joke which served to minimize older people, even though it may have honestly been meant as "good natured" and such. I doubt it would have been taken that way if, say, one of the actual actors saw these comments or somebody of the same age. In any case, I do apologize for not picking up on your sarcasm. (Get it? ;):P)

Excited for this.

Archived