Jeff Probst to Host CBS Daytime Talk Show Fall 2012

Carolyn1980

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think that you're right about LMAD dying for this, Carolyn.

However, if it was up to me, I wish that TPIR instead got the axe. Under the incompetent Drew Carey (and his insistence to turn TPIR from a game show into a program that showcases his juvenile "humor"), TPIR has become completely unwatchable. (By contrast, Wayne Brady is a good host, and I often enjoy watching his version of LMAD.) Besides, 2012 would be a natural "ending point" for TPIR for the following two reasons: (1) TPIR's 40th anniversary occurs in 2012 and (2) the five-year contract that Drew Carey signed with Fremantle/CBS also expires in 2012.

• Members

So is Jeff Probst related to JC? Is he her step brother? Is JP really chummy with Les Moonves? He gets two shows just like Julie Chen. Hmmmmmm..Id still take him twice a day over Julie Chen and the awful LMAD.

As for TPIR....I lost interest too. I hate Drew Carey as host. I so miss BB. They could have gotten someone much better to replace him.

• Members

The Price is Right still does very well so it aint going anywhere. I haven't watched it in a while though. Drew Carey is terrible and replacing Rich Fields was worse. Let's Make a Deal is definitely done unless they get rid of The Talk. Not gonna happen I know. :lol:

• Members

I had forgotten about Anderson Cooper's talk show. There was a promo for it today during NBC coverage of Wimbledon/Days. I'm looking forward to his show. I'm wondering if he will get Oprah's timeslot in my area.

I doubt I will be seeing Katie or Jeff's talk shows.

• Members

I bet it's Let's Make a Deal that goes as well. I don't see TPIR going any where, it's become an institution at CBS. I liked Drew's sitcom & like him as host of Who's Line?, but as TPIR host, I agree, he's not good. CBS needs find a new host for it. Maybe they can offer Drew a sitcom deal or something, that way both sides look good.

As for Jeff Probst's new show. I watch Survivor, but have no interest in seeing a talk show with him.

• Members

Jeff is an odd choice for a talk show host. He's become very smarmy, self-absorbed, has no connection to people he's talking to, and the hair dye and Botox (unless my eyes are wrong) have not done him any favors. What is he going to talk about exactly? How much he loves Russell, Coach, and Colby?

The last time he was tolerable on anything was Backchat, which was almost 20 years ago.

It's like people are trying to kill off talk shows once and for all. Hey, ____ was sort of popular at one time, for things that have nothing to do with a talk show, so let's give them a talk show!

• Members

Somewhat off-topic, but I have to say that I feel that all the venom directed at LMAD is completely unjustified. It seems as if people hate the show not because of its quality (or lack thereof), but rather simply because it replaced a soap. (And in LMAD's particular case, the soap it replaced was well past its expiration date.)

I agree that when compared to the Monty Hall version of LMAD, the Wayne Brady version is lacking. However, Brady's LMAD is enjoyable when compared to most other game shows on the air today (and Brady is a pretty good host). Furthermore, compared to all the dreadful talk shows that most soaps are being replaced with, I think that a decent game show is the best possible soap replacement we can realistically hope for.

• Members

It's a pointless and cheaply produced revival that, for a network which acted like their soaps were dinosaurs, feels very old and dated. Wayne Brady is so one-note that I generally can only watch him in small doses.

• Members

Backchat old school FX loved that and Breakfast Time. How can Probst do Survivor remote material though if he does a chat show as they take a month at a time away from the US to do? Unless Survivor is ending soon or going with a new host of course.

Archived