Roseanne Returns to TV

Scotty

• Members

What in the hell? LOL

PROGRAM TO FOLLOW EMMY® AWARD-WINNING ACTRESS, COMEDIENNE AND AUTHOR AS SHE ABANDONS LIFE IN LOS ANGELES

TO RUN MACADAMIA NUT FARM IN HAWAII

LOS ANGELES (June 20, 2011) – “Where in the world is Roseanne Barr?” Lifetime answers the question with the premiere of the all-new docu-series, Roseanne’s Nuts, marking the Emmy® Award-winning actress, comedienne and best-selling author’s eagerly-awaited return to television. Following Barr’s decision to manage a fully functional 40-acre macadamia and live stock farm in Hawaii after a long, self-imposed sabbatical from series television, Roseanne’s Nuts will debut on Wednesday, July 13, at 9:00 PM ET/PT with back-to-back episodes.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2011/06/20/roseanne-barr-to-return-to-television-on-lifetime-with-docu-series-rosannes-nuts/96081/

And guess who it's produced by...

Producers JD Roth and Todd A. Nelson are producing for ABC The Revolution, which will premiere as a five-day-a-week daytime strip in 2012.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Interesting, they showed footage of her on the nut farm when she was on Oprah. I wonder if the show was already in the works or grew out of her appearance. I was sure this was going to say it would be on OWN.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Anyone watching this?

I geeked out seeing Bonnie Bramlett! I had no idea she was on this show. Bonnie represented some of the last gasps of what I loved about the Roseanne sitcom - that earthiness, the blue-collar humor. Remember when they had a barbecue or party in the backyard and she sang?

I do have to disagree with Roseanne that her show began going downhill because she botched the National Anthem - it was still popular for a few years after that and really went to the skids around 93-94 or so, for me. But it's a good way to hype up this "she has to get the National Anthem right this time" story.

Her oldest son looks so much like her first husband, or what I remember the husband looking like in the tabloids back in the day.

I'm glad that the family seems to get along and they all have a sense of humor. For some reason I thought they all hated each other.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I loved seeing Bonnie Bramlett too and loved her as Roseanne's sidekick at the Rodbells Diner. And yes, Roseanne was a top-rated show for the first 6 years. It wasn't until the 1994-1995 season (7th of 9 seasons total) that it started getting stale and the ratings declined.

The show is pretty funny. Something about the way Roseanne talks, the expressions she makes, just makes me laugh. I love her sense of humor.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Michael Fishman was on the show last week. The episode was very annoying, because of some New Age instructor of Roseanne's, but it was nice to see annoying DJ has grown up to be a good guy.

Sandra Bernhardt and Phyllis Diller are going to be on the show tonight. I liked Sandra a lot on Roseanne. (and Reel Wild Cinema - anyone else watch that?)

I wonder if the ratings are bad. They're showing two episodes now instead of one a week.

• 1 month later...

Archived