Y&R: Katherine Chancelor fans?

• Members

The writers could've modified their feud, or taken in some more logical direction, without making them mother and daughter. It was done purely for shock value as well as to throw a wrench in the Billy-Mac pairing. No one gave much thought about the long-term consequences of such a reveal, and it totally underminded the integrity of the characters and their history together. In the bigger scheme of things, one could probably point to this storyline as the time when they really started to dumb down the show.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

As the longer-running female soap characters age they begin to embody the essence of their shows, like Bert being GL's earth mother. For Y&R, that means Katherine has become a self-righteous, double standard laden, bitter, hammy, Victor worshipper drowning in bad history rewrites and insta-relations she barely knows most of the time.

• Members

Are you referring to the original Tucker storyline? That was written by the present writing regime right? That's why I still have hope, that story was excellent, the best I had seen for the Chancellors in almost 10 years. Katherine coming back to the mansion in tears, Jill, Tucker, Katherine in a three way battle, a Jill/Tucker romance,and Nikki, Billy, & Cane were involved. I could not wait to watch.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I was under the impression it all came to a grinding halt because of the forced Tucker re-cast from Sony & Barbara Bloom, MAB didn't destroy it. I realize they can never go back to a William Russ/Tucker s/l but Colin hits home runs with both of them so I not giving up on Jill or Katherine yet because someone on that writing team does know how to write for them, it's just isn't anyone's priority. It's still seems to be all about adding new actors from other soaps. I just wish they get sick of it soon because I've become numb when it comes to new arrivals. I don't understand the fascination or the upside to Sony/CBS or MAB in of hiring herds of actors to stuff into a very crowded Genoa City, it isn't increasing ratings or making the show any better.

• Members

Yes that is what i meant, when these two soaps end. Right now the character of Viki is the top but Erica Kane is the top in terms of same actress. and we all know both of theses characters have had big storyines almost every single year they've been on. Erica's first storyline was trying to break up Phil and Tara. Viki's first storyline was turning into Niki Smith when she started to fall for Joe Riley against her father's expectataions of her. and this year Erica is in the middle of the Erica/Jane storyline and Viki had real good scenes when her marriage fell apart thanks to Echo and then turning into her alters again for a breif time.

• Members

I changed my mind about having hope for a good Jill and Katherine storyline with these writers

After viewing Friday's episode and watching Victor push that filthy whore Diane out of the ambulance, I predict Tucker will soon arrive at the Chancellor Estate and shove Jill and Katherine from the second story window to pay for their years of unscrupulous behavior in Genoa City.

Tucker will then be able to move in with his good women/Ashley who knows her place, and all will be made right again with the white males of Genoa City, and the world.

Archived