MTV's The Challenge: Rivals

AllMyDaysatGH

• Members

Is anyone going to be watching this?

I haven't been watching the Challenge series lately, and haven't watched a full season of Real World since Denver. But I recently saw the commercial for this new challenge coming up and I feel inclined to watch! Mainly for the cast. Adam K.! Aneesa! Sexy CT! Evan! Jenn! Johnny Bananas! Kenny! Nehemiah! Paula! Robin! Tyler! Wes! The only person missing is Brad & a couple others :)

It starts June 22! I'm excited. Here's a promo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5c2L_cpS54&feature=related

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

After the last Challenge, I told myself I'm too old and I am DONE. Mainly because it is the same people over and over again, and it was getting boring and predictable. THEN I see this promo and LOVE the idea/concept. So [!@#$%^&*], looks like I'll be watching again.

Looks like Adam (from latest Las Vegas) punches one of the black guys - couldn't tell who. That is auto-elimination, wonder how many episodes he'll last. I couldn't stand him on Las Vegas. He reminds me of some others I really hated for being major douchebags: Ryan (New Orleans), Puck (San Fran), Greg (Hollywood), etc.

• Members

I caught the preview/trailer a few weeks ago immediately following an episode of RW, and I was definitely intrigued. The rivals format has SO much potential for drama and shenanigans. I only wish they'd have done it years ago with the old gang. Coral/Julie, Veronica/Katie, Tina/Tonya, Beth/Montana. That's all I would have needed right there. Entertain me, bitches.

Cutthroat was the first challenge I really liked in a long, long time, so I hope this one continues on the same path. For those wondering, here is the cast for Rivals. Note that this is the first challenge to have no one from Road Rules.

Adam K. and CT (Paris)

Adam R. and Leroy (Las Vegas II)

Aneesa (Chicago) and Robin (San Diego)

Brandon (Fresh Meat II) and Ty (Washington DC)

Camila (Spring Break) and Theresa (Fresh Meat II)

Cara Maria (Fresh Meat II) and Laurel (Fresh Meat II)

Davis and Tyrie (Denver)

Evan (Fresh Meat) and Nehemiah (Austin)

Evelyn (Fresh Meat) and Paula (Key West)

Jasmine and Jonna (Cancun)

Jenn (Denver) and Mandi (Fresh Meat II)

Johnny and Tyler (Key West)

Katelynn and Sarah (Brooklyn)

Kenny (Fresh Meat) and Wes (Austin)

It's kinda obvious that they were desperate to fill the cast out with some really anti-climatic pairings. Davis and Tyrie got into during their season, but I don't think they've ever had any altercations since then, and that was years ago. Some of the pairings make me cringe because they people in them are such attention whores and will totally play up to the cameras (Kenny, I'm talking to you. Sexy you are, but cool you are not). I'd be kind of pissed at MTV/BMP if I were Adam K. because CT has physically injured him multiple times, and they think it's cute/funny to put the two of them on a team together? I'd pack my sh!t and get out of Dodge, screw the money. CT is entertaining, but he needs anger management. He can be hilarious without attempted murder.

I'll be rooting for Davis/Tyrie, even though I'm sure they won't win. None of the female pairings excite me, except maybe Aneesa/Robin, but I usually can't stand Robin.

No, Brad can stay his funky ass wherever he and Tori decided to wallow in their stank. So glad they're done with these shows.

Oh, BTW!! Comcast has the original Fresh Meat season available On Demand! At this point, most of the "old gang" was starting to move on, so Coral was left alone to snark on all of the new kids and stir up random crap! And then, she and Evan (back when he was still tolerable and actually likeable) would always win, making her even snarkier. I miss that damn girl.

• Members

LOL. I really hope CT doesn't get kicked off again ;-P

I think you should still tune in!! Even though you know the end result, I think it would still be fun to watch!!

These are the rival pairings I'll be watching out for! LOL @ your comment about Kenny!

I can understand why people would be sick of Brad.

• Members

He's a p*ssy 'Nuff said. And Tori ... I liked her on RR: Viewers Revenge, but on the challenges she has been a HUGE nonsensical twat.

Now, I'll probably watch the last episode (and highlights on YouTube!) because I definitely want to see one of the winner's reactions.

• Members

I was reading that list and have no idea who any of the Freshmeat people are..and I think some of the Real World pairings are when I tuned out until Cancun came around..as I definitely didn't watch Brooklyn or DC.

Archived