AMC February Sweeps Spoilers from ABC Medianet

• Members

From ABC Medianet:

http://www.abcmedianet.com/pressrel/dispDN...ml?id=011806_03

FEBRUARY IS EXPLOSIVE ON ABC’S “ALL MY CHILDREN”

A Beloved Character Returns as One Dies During a Mardi Gras Masquerade Ball in Tribute to Hurricane Katrina Victims and to Benefit The American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund

This February, ABC Daytime’s Emmy Award®-winning drama “All My Children” will be a month of emotionally wrought story telling, sensational special effects, action and unbelievable excitement. As a beloved character returns home, a devilish plot is about to unfold, wreaking havoc on the citizens of Pine Valley, all of whom are attending an illustrious masquerade ball to raise money for charity.

Glamorous Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) hosts a lavish Mardi Gras ball which will also serve as a real life fundraiser for the American Red Cross Disaster Relief Fund, which assists victims of thousands of disasters across the country, including the continuing relief efforts for Hurricane Katrina victims. This effort will be integrated into the storyline, with Erica Kane and the residents of Pine Valley addressing her television audience, as well as “All My Children’s” real life audience, giving information on how they can make donations during the airing of these interactive episodes. Those fans who make donations by February 12 will receive a thank you phone message from Susan Lucci.

The ball itself plays beautifully against a backdrop of custom made sets and a series of original Mardi Gras costumes created by Roger Mooney, set designer, and David Zyla, wardrobe designer of “All My Children.”

As this opulent ball plays out, viewers will be treated to dramatic twists, turns, shocking reveals and an explosion that rocks Pine Valley and its residents, leaving them in utter turmoil. Events leading up to the explosion are both thrilling and chilling. Recently fans learned that Dixie Martin (Cady McClain) was alive… What will it take for her to finally return to Pine Valley?

Kendall Slater (Alicia Minshew) and Zach Slater (Thorsten Kaye) will have their new love tested. In the most shocking twist of all, Erica Kane (Susan Lucci) finally learns something that will change the life she has known forever.

Meanwhile, at the ball, the drama continues as resident psycho Janet Green Dillon (Kate Collins) prepares to carry out her deadliest plan to date. Still determined to destroy her daughter’s enemies, Janet triggers an explosion that leads to the death of a prominent Pine Valley resident.

“All My Children” celebrates its 36th Anniversary on January 5, 2006. The program has successfully maintained its popularity and continues to be one of daytime’s most compelling dramas. “All My Children” took home the 1998 Emmy® Award for Outstanding Daytime Drama Series, the third time the show received this top honor, having also garnered the award in 1994 and 1992. In 2004 the show also received its third consecutive Emmy® Award for Outstanding Daytime Drama Series Writing, its third Writers Guild Award and its third GLAAD Media Award in April of 2004.

Created by Agnes Nixon, “All My Children” premiered on the ABC Television Network on January 5, 1970, as a half-hour show; seven years later it expanded to an hour. Julie Hanan Carruthers

is executive producer, Megan McTavish is head writer with Conal O’Brien, Casey Childs and Angela Tessinari directing. “All My Children” is produced in New York and airs MONDAY-FRIDAY (1:00-2:00 p.m., ET), on the ABC Television Network.

Visit “All My Children” on the Web at abc.com (keyword: amc).

ABC Daytime Media Relations:

Michael A. Cohen (212) 456-1429, [email protected]

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wonder too who will bite the dust. From this we know it is a prominent Pine Valley resident. My guess would be Dr. Madden too but who knows.

And I can almost guess what it is that Erica learns that will change her life forever. Only one thing comes to my mind. I believe my fear about Josh being her son is going to come true.

• Members

Of course it sounds good. It's a hyped-up press release.

Remember when Holidays went boom? McTavish said a BELOVED character would die. Remember who that was folks? Camille!

Does McT have an original bone in her body. Lets see ratings are down...

1. bring back crazy Janet . check

2. Re-do Kendall/Erica story with Josh. check

3. Re-do Erica stabbing Dimitri with Zach. check

4. Big explosion rather than having some stories explode which would require much more effort. check

Heck it was the explosion that brought Tad and Dixie face-to-face the last time as well

It could be good though...we'll see. But basically this is signalling the end of Kate's run :(

I'm interested to see Roger Mooney's great sets...that will be a first lol.

As for who dies: Dr. Madden OR Ethan OR Anita OR Janet OR Amanda. Mark my words. Probably Janet ala Ray Gardner (trying to save Amanda at the last minute).

• Members

That appears to be the storytelling as of late with AMC.

I think Janet will bite the big one too.

All I request in honor of Black History Month, that they manage to have all of their black characters (Derek, Livia, Danielle and Reggie) present at this event. To be more clear: Derek and Livia should not have to play cop or lawyer that night and Danielle and Reggie can act like they know each other. Thanks.

Archived