OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Erika Slezak mentions the solarmite story in her finale interviews with Soaps in Depth and Digest. She says the prop guys had to build an extractor that looked like R2-D2 from Star Wars because the only Solarmite in Llanview happened to be under Llanfair and couldn't be exposed to oxygen or it would explode. The story sounds insane. All of the recaps I have seen, the story goes nowhere.

• Members

So I am almost sure that Erika Slezak came back from maturnity leave during Asa's costume party? I know she was there for the Solimate(?) story because she has always said how stupid that was. Even years ago when she was on the View they asked about the craziest one and she brought up that story and how they all had to work with the robot. then when one of the "girls" asked if that producer was there anymore, Erika smiled and said, "Nooo!" She was gone for quite a long while though. Maybe because they weren't writing the pregnancy into the story, they had her go off when she started to show it instead of trying to hide it with bulky sweaters and stuff like they do on some TV shows. I glad i wasn't watching then, as good as Christine was, i would have wanted my Viki back after a couple of months.

• Members

God, I wish Tony Call had agreed to return as Herb Callison, just once. I've always enjoyed the stuff I've seen with him and Dorian, there used to be quite a lot of them on YT. But my understanding is Call has repeatedly said no to return offers.

I would've used him, and I would've loved to see both Wolek sisters again, since the show and Brynn Thayer have both said they only voluntarily killed off Jenny to see to it that the David Renaldi story in '98 focused in on Zaslow and ALS; they were always very open to bringing her back from beneath that avalanche. I'd have Karen and Jenny pop up at the opposite ends of some mystery and intrigue; maybe Blair could consult Cassie and widow Jenny, who has David's old covert intelligence contacts, which could help with this Victor/Todd mess.

Edited by Vee