OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I think you're right. Obviously with the adventure stuff, Dr Kipling and his robotic arm and remote control mind control (or was this later), etc it was a muddled era and I assume an attempt to be more GH... Didn't the Corringtons shortly come on for their odd tenure?

Edited by EricMontreal22

• Members

I wonder if the Corringtons were involved in any casting at this time - John Cunningham and Marilyn McIntire were both popular actors on Search in those years, weren't they? It's a little sad seeing some of the talent of this time, like Nana Visitor, put in such wasteful roles.

The mind control is now but I think the arm was later.

There also seem to be a ton of new, generally short-term characters at this time. It's hard to keep track.

I always forget this was how Cassie got her start.

I wonder how Judith Light felt about the mind control saga. I know Michael Storm loved it.

• Members

I thought the Corringtons came in later and did the whole mob mess with the Coronals - Alex Crown (Roy Thinnes), Rob, Laurel Chapin/Coronal (briefly to be Mrs. Larry Wolek), etc. And then the whole tied-in story with Nicholas Coster(?) as that one mobster - Anthony Makkana? - and the "black quad" with Ed, Carla, Phylicia Rashad and Roger Hill from The Warriors. Delilah started working at Makkana's club and neither Bo nor Carla (who dated Hill's character, quarterback Alec Lowndes, who took a gig there) were happy. A decent amount of that whole weird period is on YT. I believe it culminated in one of the mobsters drowning Samantha Vernon, but I can't recall if that twist came in before or after Rauch came in and (wisely at the time) cleared the decks.

IIRC from my reading of the old OLTL tome, Georgina Whitman was played by both Nana Visitor and Ilene Kristen. If you can imagine Ilene playing a nuclear physicist who helped create an atomic race car. I wonder why they've never done an in-joke regarding it. Have Ilene show up one day in labcoat and glasses or something as Dr. Whitman, in town for a conference, and everyone mistakes her for Roxy.

Edited by Vee

• Members

I thought the Corringtons were on the show twice. Or maybe that was just Peggy O'Shea. I can never remember how much of the crime story Slesar wrote.

Michael Storm hated the Laurel story...not sure why.

For a while I thought Kim Zimmer played Georgina, which isn't any more believable.

• Members

Right, I guess the Corringtons were the following year--Schemering does "credit" them with the mob mess. Though i guess Henry SlesarWAS co HW this stuff.

The Corringtons lasted only 8 or 9 months--then Sam Hall and Peggy O'Shea came back (I am not sure if Peggy O'Shea quit the team when Slesar was there or was still on the writing staff...)

• Members

Slesar was the Echo DiSavoy storyline. It was his character, and indeed everything about her and that old story screams Edge of Night.

I've said this before, but when the show started focusing in on murder mystery after murder mystery in the 2000s I would have loved to have seen a few EON people cameo as their old characters to assist the LPD from Monticello, just once. EON was, after all, an ABC soap. It was so relentlessly fun I am amazed it has never been revived.

Edited by Vee