OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

I remember tuning in when that story happened - suddenly innocent Jessica, who was about my age was slugging back some liquor and having a bad day. I was shocked, but intrigued, because I knew that happened IRL with kids I knew and I was shocked the soap was "going there" with little Jessica.

I didn't care about Will or how it played out - in fact, I grew to despise Will Rappaport - but I thought the story itself, Jessica gets drunk, wastes her first time with the wrong guy, gets pregnant, etc. was all valid, real stuff.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Andrew and Cassie were well-liked, but they became boring in time. I know I was bored with them at this point, though I liked them both. After a certain point they just hung around as the nice local couple, trimming the hedges at the rectory or whatever and fretting over other people, and that wasn't story.

Laura Bonariggo (Cassie) was apparently bored to tears at this point and very big on being paired with Kevin Stapleton - the Kevin/Cassie thing had a lot of fans, and I liked them as well. But she spoke glowingly about Bob Krimmer a couple years ago as well. The truth is the show didn't appreciate Andrew after Malone and Gottlieb left; didn't know how to use him, took him for granted. I did as a young fan - I thought he was a nice guy, but after a while he was just wandering around dispensing advice. They tried him with Téa but he was pretty much used as the goat for Todd, which is too bad since he did have chemistry with Florencia Lozano. I find him so much more fascinating now, but his best stories were his early ones, because Andrew was so much a piece of Michael Malone. And Malone himself remained ambivalent about Andrew and Cassie, I think - they went with it because of the chemistry between the two though they hadn't planned to pair them, but after they did, Malone continued to tease Andrew and Marty for several more years, including after Marty's rape.

The Kevin and Cassie pairing was sabotaged by JFP, who fired Stapleton and hired Tim Gibbs (who Bonariggo couldn't stand), then fired Laura for not being hot enough for her man Gibbs. I wasn't particularly wedded to them, especially after I saw Kevin get with Kelly. In the end, years later when Bonariggo and Krimmer would make guest appearances together in the last few years of the network show, I wanted them to just reunite Andrew and Cassie - give them a happy ending back together. Why not?

Edited by Vee

• Members

In a way i think it's good it happend the way it did. I think if she did have the baby, I bet you it would be like they do with all soap children, they have the baby and then she's handed to the nanny and you only see them a few times a year before they are SORAS'd. Just like they did with Jessica's Bree Brennen

Although i think Viki just "suing" Dorian was stupid. It seemed Viki got over it awfully fast just because Dorian was being stalked. I know they had words when Dorian was in prison but it just ended too quickly for me. Just a few years eariler Viki and Dorian got into a bad slapping fight for a crime Dorian "commited" 18 years eariler. I know what Dorian did (to Jessica) was an accident but she walked away from the crime and then let Lindsey Rappaport be accused of the crime.

• Members

Yeah, I didn't have a problem with Jessica losing the baby. I did have a problem with her popping out a few in rapid succession years later.

And yes, the Dorian situation ended far too quickly, but that was typical of JFP at the time. She shortchanged characters she didn't care for, and she was angling to push Robin Strasser out, which she did. I'll never forgive her for that, or for killing Mel or firing Laura Bonariggo.

Edited by Vee

• Members

Yep. I remember reading about that, one of the first times I ever picked up a soap mag. I couldn't believe they would get rid of Cassie, who I saw as part of the firmament of the show - she was like a big sister to me.

Edited by Vee