OLTL Tribute Thread

• Members

One of the best things Ron Carlivati ever did at OLTL was something I'd had percolating in my mind for a few years: Make Addie Cramer well. He did it, and he did with style - Pamela Payton-Wright's sane Addie burst back onto the scene as a vibrant, bubbly libertine dressed to the nines. She was wonderful.

They didn't use her nearly as much after the writer's strike of 2008 ended - they had planned for David Chisum's Miles Laurence to be revealed as Addie's son and Blair's brother just before the strike hit - but before the scabs took over, they penned one of the best scenes Dorian and Addie ever had, or ever will have, around 7:20 in this clip, where Addie cuts to the core about Dorian's issues with Viki. And I thought you weren't paying attention.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PH--HYpR-VE

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I'm still amazed they didn't ruin Addie out of spite. They certainly did their best to ignore her.

I don't know if you have already seen them, Vee, but someone on Youtube is currently uploading January 2004 videos.

• Members

Speaking of Pamela Payton-Wright, I just saw her in a L&O (mothership) rerun a couple of nights ago on either WGN or WE, from the 1993-94 season. She played the mother of a sociopath who killed her husband/his father and tried to make it look like an accident, and turned in a very credible performance.

• Members

Thanks for sharing those. I've always thought Susan Haskell is one of the great underrated beauties in the soap world. Not only is she a phenomenal actress (not for nothing does she have two Emmys under her belt), but she's got that gorgeous hair and such a beautiful face. No wonder Thorsten fell for her both on- and off-screen!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...