OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Teddy Sears (who's gone on to a fair bit of other stuff) is the one who played the bartender, Chad Bennett.

He was a winning guy, but the character had no personality. So of course Gary Tomlin signed him to a contract and tried to play a horrible summer romance storyline with him and Troy and Colin's little sister Emily (who explained, in a horribly labored and totally unnecessary bit of dialogue, how she'd changed her name from the "Carol" who'd been previously mentioned by the McIver brothers because children used to call her "Christmas Carol". Really?).

• Members

Vee, did you ever watch any of the Christine Cameron-as-Viki'-s-daughter story in that promo? I did a few years ago. It always kind of fascinates me, as Christine was ultimately just dropped after Eterna. The actress wasn't that great, but the whole idea of Viki being fooled and then lashing out as Christine seems like a liar (even as she was totally innocent), that could have gone somewhere.

As much as Rauch made a mess of OLTL, he gave Erika Slezak some meaty, complex material to play, up to his last year or so as EP, anyway.

• Members

I didn't, really. I've seen her, I didn't like her or her dad, I didn't care, so I dropped it.

You are right, though, Rauch knew where his bread and butter was, he knew what Erika could do and how much audience cachet she had, and he played those characters - Viki, Clint, Tina, Cord, etc. - hard.

• Members

Another storyline that I absolutely despised was when Jessica Buchanan got together (the result of too much drinking which I think was underage drinking) with her step-brother and was impregnated.

I still can't think that the show would have stooped that low.