OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I loved Shelly Burch and Delila, especially in the beginning when the character had a purpose. She did leave from November 1987 to June 1988. Here are two 8X10 pictures that she generously sent to me when I wrote to her way back when. She was and is a beautiful woman!

IMG-2.jpgIMG-1.jpg

• Members

The show missed a major opportunity with Max and Gabrielle when she returned in 2001. Back in their heyday, the characters were written with a "I hate you but can't live without you" kind of passion. But when Gab came back in 2001, it was more like they just had a "I hate you" kind of passion. The redux fizzled miserably (IMO) though it had such great potential! I wonder if anything had changed between James and Fiona by that time, because the chemistry just wasn't there. Or maybe it was the writing that lacked.

Edited by Dale

• Members

You're welcome! Funny (or not so funny) story about Shelly Burch......

In 1997, Soap Opera Digest reported that Ms. Burch had been brainwashed and joined a cult and was feared dead. I kid you not! There were no quotes from any authorities or former cast mates. Yet, I was still worried, as I thought Ms. Burch to be a lovely and kind woman based on interviews she did. Well, in 1999, I was fortunate enough to attend the OLTL Fan Club event, and I asked Mr. Bob Woods directly about Ms. Burch. He shook his head in disgust and said that he too had read that story, but was happy to report that Ms. Burch was alive and well and had never joined a cult. He confirmed that she IS a nice and warm woman, and thanked me for asking about her. If you are interested in seeing for yourself that she is indeed still living her one life to live, check out her website. The woman still looks amazing! http://shellyburch.org/gallery.php

Edited by Dale

• Members

In the OLTL book, it says Gabby came to town because Delila had taken credit for her designs. I thought she was trying to get them back. Oh well, I still love her and Fiona smile.png.

I actually thought they still had chemistry, particularly when they became friends again in 2003. I really felt that could have had a more mature, lasting relationship at that point, particularly if they had been written off together, They were never closer friends than they were then--I really thought Max was in love with her all over again--there was something about Jim's acting in their scenes that year that indicated that to me--but backed off because of Bo.

And THANK YOU so much for those pictures! wub.png

Edited by MissLlanviewPA