OLTL Tribute Thread

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Soapnet just started 2010 (they did New Years Eve last night...the one where Dorian fired Bo and Kyle and Olver had their only "sex" scene.) looking back i see more clearly how there were more cracks in Viki's marriage than she or i wanted to beleive back then. Charlie's been drinking and lying to her about it. and we all know it gets much worse thanks to Mitch and Dorian. I wonder if they will be going to the final episode in 2011 and then stop or go back to 2006 again.

• Members

Thanks for filling me in. I was thinking about switching cable companies and wanted SoapNet again, regardless of how much time it has left. 2010 was a rough year to sit through though. It was the first time I kept my promise to stop watching. I did enjoy Viki and Charlie's marriage troubles when he fell off the wagon though, but that was only brief.

I hope they go through the final episode and then play some real classics, or at least 90s to early 2000s. Anything other than the past 10 years.

Thanks for filling me in. I was thinking about switching cable companies and wanted SoapNet again, regardless of how much time it has left. 2010 was a rough year to sit through though. It was the first time I kept my promise to stop watching. I did enjoy Viki and Charlie's marriage troubles when he fell off the wagon though, but that was only brief.

I hope they go through the final episode and then play some real classics, or at least 90s to early 2000s. Anything other than the past 10 years.

• Members

Unfortunitly i don't think so. If they were going to do that, they would have done it the first time. and they especially would have done it with All my Children.

I agree 2010 wasn't that great but the second half wasn't bad since it did have Echo which gave Viki and Dorian a chance to be more like "frienemies" and it had the cramer girls comming back for those few epiodes: Kelly Adrienna and Cassie. and then Kelly stayed for a while. and i'm in the minority who actually like the hot sex scenes between Langingston and Ford. and the 4th of july episode when Ford and David both showed up in that short tight "bathing suit" of the american flag.

The only thing i'm not looking forward to if the Jesisca looses her memory story. that sucked. Even as a teenager Jessica was not as stupid as she was when they did this story.

• Members

2010 particularly sucked, IMHO, because people seemed really into 2009--and the whole Kish thing, even the silly gay marriage thing, and then suddenly--it felt like by Feb or whatever, all these characters were dropped, we had way too much focus on Mitch, the TeenJessica mess, etc, etc.

Has AMC already cycles through their 2006-2011 SoapNet episodes once??

• Members

This OLTL snipped from, I guess, early 1996, broaches the topic that OLTL sadly dropped after Malone's firing - Viki dealing with the changes in her personality because of her alters being integrated.

I think this was a very lost opportunity, and I'm sorry that it was never properly addressed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AlsRAeo-Ez4

• Members

They too rarely alluded to Viki's integrated self in later years - JFP did it once with Viki 'invoking' Niki to summon the courage to sing "I Will Survive" at Crossroads with Ben in 1999, and Ron Carlivati played with it when Viki accessed the Jean side of her intellect to deduce the truth behind Tess's various capers. And I loved the latter instances, but it was not a lasting, consistent change in the character. I wish they would've explored that more. I still wish that, but I also think that in her own way, Viki has loosened up a lot in the last five or six years with stories like Paris, TX and her romance with Charlie, her friendships with Gigi and David, all of which felt a lot more loose - so I suppose you can say that's a more organic kind of presentation of her integration. Still not enough, though.

• Members

I remember when Dylan was leaving Llanview, and he was surprised that Viki beat him in pool. She said she'd learned it through Niki. I liked that idea.

Watching that April 1995 episode I just keep cringing at Krista Tesreau. I liked all I've seen of her on GL and yet every time I see her as Tina I literally wince.

• Members

Yes, in 1986 they adressed it for a while and then dropped it too. After Viki took over from Niki, she was more loose and also more outgoing than she was before and Clint kept telling her that it sounded like Niki and Viki were becomming one. Of course back then they all thought NIki was dead and buried deep inside Viki. I just wish they would have kept her that way until 1995. it would have made a lot more sense but they brought NIki back in 1990 when Viki had her stroke and then breifly in 1991 when Carlo Hesser/Gabby Medina drugged Viki to be Niki.

Edited by BKuzak

• Members

Kind of off topic, but recalling all the various changes in Jessica's character over the last few years of the show (i.e. all the split personalities, her regression to teen-dom, etc), I often wonder if these changes would have occurred if Erin T. were still playing the part? Or if these storylines still would have been written, but played in a different way?

I recalled Erin T. played Jessica more like a townboy/ingenue type, and I recall the exact day Bree took over, that Jessica's mannerisms changed completely (yes, slightly more in your face.. but also noticed kind of a slutty undertone),