AMC Tribute Thread

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I thought she was dull as hell, not helped by a retread story that Agnes Nixon had dusted off for the third or fourth time - the innocent, poor but proud girl against the rich bitch, and Pine Valley's social elite. By this time Pine Valley HAD no social elite, so they had to bring in the wacky neighbor from One Day at a Time, plus Vanessa (who was too unhinged to fill that role believably). Add in that Spencer had no chemistry with wooden Forbes March, and it just didn't work. I am fairly sure I remember Nixon or someone else even telling the soap press that they were just redoing Jenny/Greg/Liza, which epitomized why that time on the show made me quit watching for a while, even after I'd put up with the worst of McTavish. With the show such a mess and so full of loathsome characters (Tad, Mateo, et al.), trying to recreate 1982 wasn't going to work.

The idea at the time was that Rebecca Budig stole the show, but she wasn't any good either - butch, too old for the role, and like Spencer, having no apparent chemistry with March. She was a little better with Cameron Mathison and with Josh Duhamel, which sent March packing. Spencer and Duhamel also had some chemistry, but the show gave up on Becca - she was a bit player for quite a while before she left. She didn't even have an exit, as quite a few characters at that point did not (always a sign of a show in real crisis). 

I still remember how she wore that kerchief on her head for months to remind us she was poor-but-proud. Looked like something from USSR propaganda. And the first scene of Scott seeing her on a picnic blanket in the woods and looking enthralled...or constipated. 

And she kept saying in interviews that Kathie Lee Gifford got her the job, which was certainly gracious of her, but not the best timing, as at that point people were damn tired of Kathie Lee.

She certainly hasn't hurt for work since leaving AMC, of course. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

At least Erica grew up modestly and made a name for herself by WERKin' it and hustling.

Greenlee was a snooty trust-fund baby.

LMAO!

But wasn't that a trend back then?   I remember those kerchiefs being popular w/ teen girls about 1998-2000.

Edited by Pine Charles

• Members

I had a rough go of it buying Greenlee at first.  RB as Michelle on GL was still fresh on my mind.  I think RB has the most beautiful big brown eyes, but I can't say that I ever cared for or about Greenlee.  Or Kendall for that matter post-SMG.  TBH, I don't think I cared about any character created after 1995.