AMC Tribute Thread

• Members

The character of Sydney Scott, played by Deborah Steinberg Solomon, was a romantic interest for Lincoln Tyler after he and Amy Tyler divorced. She either owned The Boutique or worked at The Boutique. I was thinking that she was the owner (having bought it from Amy Tyler) and then Paul Martin bought it from her for Ann when they were married. Deborah Steinberg had appeared on Love of Life, The Nurses (maybe when it was airing on primetime) and had had two runs on As the World Turns. Her character on that show, Amanda Holmes, was a prominent character, especially the first time that she was on the show. The actress and the character left the show following Amanda's murder trial. She returned but had little to do except living in and working in the Wade Bookstore. She was a good friend of Dr. Neal Wade (the original owner) and his wife Penny. Neal died and left the store to his widow, but Amanda ran the store after Neal had returned to a medical practice at Memorial Hospital. The actress and Rosemary Prinz, I understand, were good friends. Ms. Prinz kept her decision to exit All My Children after six months just about the time that Ms. Steinberg made the decision to exit As the World Turns. Ms. Prinz told her that she was leaving and encouraged her to join the show.

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The article above mentions an actress from All My Children named Doreen Stanzel. I do not remember her.

Was she a friend of Tara's? I watched the show at the time, but I do not remember Tara as having a friend. I do remember that Phoebe kept trying to pin Tara down to the announcement of her wedding to Chuck, but Tara did not want to bother with details (because she was still having romantic feelings for Phil). When asked to provide a photograph for the announcement, she told Phoebe that she would be using her high school yearbook photograph, which Phoebe felt was a terrible decision.

Does anyone know about this actress and character?

• Members

It was asked why Ken Rabat did not remain in his role as Paul Martin.

I think he caught a case of early replacement-itus, which many of the characters on the shows of Agnes Nixon had.

Others characters who had their creators replaced quickly have been:

Dr. Larry Woleck (One Life to Live)

Cathy Craig (One Life to Live)

Donna Beck

Dixie Chandler

Isabel Alden (Loving)

Kate Martin

I think he caught a case of early replacement-itus, which many of the characters on the shows of Agnes Nixon had.

Donna Beck

Dixie Chandler

Isabel Alden (Loving)

Kate Martin

• Members

Donna Beck

Dixie Chandler

Isabel Alden (Loving)

Kate Martin

• Members

Yes, I did.

I remember that one actor played Paul, and then William Mooney suddenly began playing him.

When the character was introduced on the show, he had been a Korean prisoner-of-war. There were references to his life during those years, as though it could have been used in the story in later years. However, after a few months, it was nearly forgotten that he had been in Korea and no use of that story was used again. He may have mentioned it when Philip Brent was shipped to Viet Nam.

• Members

I actually was watching some 2009 AMC on SoapNet and was surprised at how good (by today's standards) it was (albeit still flawed). I thought that many fans were dissatisfied with the show at the time. I watched very little of AMC from 2009, but saw quite a bit from 2011, and thought it was horrendous (with the obvious exception of the final month). What happened to the quality of this show after moving to Los Angeles? (Certainly, losing David Canary was a huge blow.)