Brian Frons wants Star Jones to come back to the View for May Sweeps

JONNYSBRO

• Members

So Frons cancels the soaps and apparently he isn't done, that his next order of business would be bringing Star Jones back as a guest on the View for May Sweeps in a big huge blowout reunion. He thinks that bringing Star Jones back to the View would be huge huge ratings. This is the kind of TV that Frons wants to bring to ABC daytime. U think if Star returned to the View would it bring the show blowout numbers?

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I doubt it.

The View must be on the way down if they have to pull this type of stunt. Most of the buzz has faded. When your show only gets attention because Whoopi is defending the heinous actions of various celebrities, then you need a change.

• Members

Yeah, Rosie quit. They couldn't work out the money/she'd never intended to stay for long and she announced mid-season she wouldn't be back for the next. Then she and Elizabeth got in that huge fight and they went to split screen as they fired off on one another and she was so upset by the producers/directors fanning the flames of the fight that she made that her last day, a few weeks earlier than planned. My point is, if Frons wants Star he wants her because he's anticipating a fight. He knows it's awkward between her and Barbara. It was awkward between her and Joy the other night though not as bad as perhaps expected (and Joy is obviously a little scared of Star).

• Members

Oh OH-Kay. I heard an excerpt of Joy/Star exchange and Star said something to affect you didn't call when they cracked open my chest...she sounded really hurt... Yeah Satan sisters is about the view (IMO) that is why I'm wondering how this would work, I don't know if she would be allowed to promote her book or say anything about the book however it would be on my mind that she wouldn't be allowed to when everybody else pimps their wares..

• Members

Hold up... when did Joy and Star have an exchange? On the View?

They act like mentioning her name is sacrilegious so I'm not sure how that is going to work out. When Trump came on to promote his "bid" for presidency and they were talking about Apprentice, they mentioned everyone except Star to the point of ridiculousness til Sherri finally mentioned her and she was cut off.

• Members

Thanks SFK. There's a still a lot of anger and resentment there with all that fake laughter. Joy is really full of it if she expects people to believe she didn't know about her open heart surgery when the whole world knew. And yeah, Star was crushed that Joy never once contacted her after she got fired. If they keep it real then I want Star to return to The View to witness the fallout.

• Members

Yeah, they were buds in the beginning. When Star caught them off guard and prematurely announed she was leaving, Joy made that joke about them being close until Star became a "skinny bitch". Joy was so FAKE being all, "Wow, this is a shock." :lol: I don't blame Star. They fired her and she said I'm going out on MY own terms. They act like they were doing her this huge favor by making it look like it was her own decision when you know damn well they just didn't want to look like the bad guys.

Archived