Clint Ritchie

• Members

I really miss Clint Ritchie, the actor who played the original Clint Buchanan on ONE LIFE TO LIVE.

He was such a man's man, the kind the soaps really lack at the moment. Sometimes I wonder how Mr. Ritchie must have taken it when the show decided to break up the iconic couple he help create with Erika Slezak.

Erik

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I do miss Clint Ritchie on the show. He had a great sense of humor, and a quiet strength, and dignity. He also had very believable relationships with the Buchanan family. I could never imagine the emotionally dead non-relationship Clint and Bo now have with CR in the role.

I'm glad that he never had to play this evil Clint stuff, and I doubt he could have anyway. I'm glad that I have my memories of the character, that and the irony of this idea that OLTL with CR's Clint and the other Buchanans of that era was some sort of sexist throwback and without them the show would be much more progressive...yeah, really worked out that way.

• Members

I also liked Clint Ritchie. He and Erika had chemestry that lasted for such a long time. There was some bad moments during Viki and Clint's divorce but then he and Viki became friends again and stayed that way until he left in 1998. I also loved the way Clint loved Viki's boys and raised Jessica from birth. He and Erika i guess even acted like a married couple because they had good times and bad off the set too.but i guess that's what happens to actors who work together five days a week for almost 20 years.

Now they've turned Clint into a poor excuse for Asa. Don't get me wrong I like Jerry Verdorm. I even liked him on Guiding Light back when i used to watch on and off but i just hate what they did to Clint. I really hope they don't put him and Viki back together until they make him a little more like the old Clint. or else it will be "Asa and Renee" all over again.

• Members

JvD is killing it and he looks like he's having the time of his life, but as far as I'm concerned this is not the character of Clint Buchanan. It's some other character with the same name. CR would not have done well with the high camp mustache twirling material they've given JvD,and he probably would've fought the change in character tooth and nail. It's much the same way I see Jamie Lunar on AMC. I like her and she's doing a good job with the crap she's been given, but this is not Liza Colby, but a totally different character.

• Members

It's not a character, it's a plot device, perfect for today's hollowed out Buchanan non-family. I'm glad Jerry is enjoying himself and I'm glad an actor I admired for years on GL is getting to play such different material, but to me Clint is long gone.

Archived