The Wendy Williams Thread

• Members

‘THE WENDY WILLIAMS SHOW’ FINISHES FIRST AMONG
ALL TALK SHOWS IN KEY DEMO IN ITS SIXTH SEASON PREMIERE

New York, Sept. 16, 2014 -- The Wendy Williams Show finished No. 1 in the key demo of women 25-54 in its sixth season premiere Monday, defeating original airings of all other nationally syndicated talk shows including Ellen, Live with Kelly & Michael and Dr. Phil. Wendy soared 50% in rating and 49% in share from its year-ago debut in women 25-54 to a 1.6 rating/11 share, while scoring its best metered market household rating ever with a 36% leap in rating and 44% in share from a year ago to a 1.8/6.

“This is an amazing accomplishment,” commented Mort Marcus and Ira Bernstein, co-presidents of Debmar-Mercury. “To have the No. 1 show in the category most important to advertisers, a record-setting household performance and phenomenal year-to-year growth is astounding. It is a lasting testament to Wendy, their fantastic team and the many stations across the country that have believed so strongly in Wendy. We couldn’t be more thrilled.”

Weighted LPM averages for Women 25-54:

Wendy: 1.58/11.24

Ellen 1.47/8.45

Live: 1.39/10.31

Dr. Phil: 1.03/6.03

The Real: .90/6.30

Steve Harvey .84/5.41

Meredith; .55/3.66

Dr. Oz .54/3.35

Queen Latifah: .40/2.70

Debmar-Mercury

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2014/09/16/the-wendy-williams-show-season-six-premiere-ranks-first-among-all-talk-shows-in-women-25-54-metered-market-ratings/303669/

Go Wendy!

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Go Wendy! Those ratings of hers are nothing to scoff at. I have long said that she is next Oprah...not in terms of the show itself and the tone and her reach per se, but just as Oprah captured the zeitgeist, so has Wendy. She launched at exactly the right moment.

I love her show. I love her. How you doin?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

one of the producers on her show. Wendy is always shading her and Suzanne is a trooper and goes with it but it comes across as mean at times, especially this one. The audience's reaction to the shade made it even worse. Wendy did a nice save but the look on her face after and you could tell she knew she was messed up for that comment

• Members

Suzanne should've channeled her inner Whitney Houston and dragged Wendall's ass from here to west Hell. Wendall wouldn't've came at me like that. Her wig would've been snatched by the read I would've given her.

And I just don't watch Wendy's show anymore. She tries to come off as high brow now that she gets guests like Jennifer Lopez and few other A listers. I hate how she looks down on reality shows (especially the housewives) when they helped build her audience. Regardless how I feel about Nene, she is one of the main ones that helped Wendall build an audience.

Furthermore, I hate when she has guests on the show and she is not prepped beforehand. I watched her interview with Taraji a few minutes ago and she was a hot ass mess. Wendy kept effing up the plotline of Empire, which Taraji constantly corrected her until she just took over altogether, and Wendy was more focused about her personal life instead. Taraji told her she was single and content. Not everyone wants to be married, Wendy. Especially when your marriage ain't squeaky clean. Everyone knows how Kevin (her hubby) is a notorious cheat and a d*ck (allegedly) :rolleyes:.

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

Dang you went in on her. I have to admit, her show isnt as good as it used to be bc she plays it too safe and she keeps talking about sh-t I dont give a crap about (Tori and Dean, Kendra, etc...). Notice she doesnt really talk much about the black based reality shows anymore (RHOA, Love and Hip Hop) but she does with those

I havent watched todays show yet but she talked about Empire yesterday and said Taraji is the Joan Collins of the show. Is that an accurate description? LOL