ABC Family to Launch New Series About Pregnant Male?

Mr. Vixen

• Members

Woah. :o

http://www.welovesoaps.net/2011/04/01april2011.html

I'm really...surprised by this. I'm all for exploring new areas in television. But I'm not quite sure how this would work. Would the pregnant male be a teen? How would they adress this in a way that would be appropriate for ABC Family?

This seems like more of an HBO, Starz, etc. type show to me. I feel like on cable it's going to come off as a little bit creepy and cliched.

Also, I'm sure they're going to get some serious backlash. I mean look at shows like "Skins" in America. That's a show about stuff that actually happens with teens, and the Parents Counsel or whoever has been attacking it for MONTHS. They're going to have an absolute cow about this show on "ABC Family" arguing that it's too adult for what should be a "kid friendly channel".

I suppose I'm all for telling the story, but the network choice seems odd. And how will it be a spinoff of "Secret Life"? I assume they mean they will introdce a pregnant male for 2 episodes then give him is own show. Not a true spinoff.

APRIL FOOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I assume it's april fools. I'm not totally sure. Someone said "April Fools" in the comments. I'm not sure...Ahhhh..

Either way, let's discuss how this should could play it if it were real.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Hahahahaha seahorses.....I can see it now!

EXCLUSIVE! ABC Family to Launch New Sea-Horse Drama!

In small town New Jersey, there is only one dentist. Dr. Milton Brown. Like most dentistts, he has an aquarium in his office. But little does he know this isn't just ANY aquarium...In fact, he has families of sea-horses inside! Claudia and Jim, married happily. Stefani and Tom, also married happily....Seemingly. But what happens when Tom turns up pregnant? He knows it can't be Stefani's because...She's barren! WHO GOT TOM PREGNANT!

ABC Family Executive says:

"We plan to fully explore the untouched world of sea-horse drama. They have emotions too. And of course since the man is the one who gets pregnant, it will really give us something to play off of that NO other show has touched before"

Fall 2011.

• Members

:lol: Well, Passions is in a class of its own.

That's the sex change I was talking about.

In all seriousness, though, I'd love a teen drama that centered on a single father. TSLOTAT sometimes has that with Ricky, but I'd really like to see something where the mother is a bitch is just totally out of the picture.

Archived