AMC: Erica's New Story...

• Members

I would've accepted this storyline back in the early early 80s, but not now. Too many characters on this soap have had doubles. Adam/Stuart, Tad/Ted, Natalie/Janet, even Jenny had a lookalike. Oh God, Kendall had one too, two years ago.

I'm going into convulsions thinking about this.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Is it Erica? Nelson is saying on twitter OLTL is looking for a double for Erika Slezak/Viki, or are both AMC and OLTL doing this?

Here's his comments:

I broke in Suds last week that One Life is looking for an Erika Slezak double. Just sayin'.

I don't know if the clone is Viki, but I've never seen a casting call for a Viki DID double before like this. Just guessing!

• Members

Frankly, I wouldn't put it past Frons to cook up some in(s)ane plot where Erica and Viki's doubles, jealous of these women and the lives they, themselves, felt cheated out of, teamed up to kidnap the real Erica and Viki and take their places. Welcome back to crossover "synergy."

• Members

God help me, but I was just thinking about this just the other day, that they've gone this route with other major characters in the past, but for some reason never attempted it with Erica. This does sound beyond stupid, but they're obviously doing whatever they can to amp up the stories to draw attention with these headline-grabbing stories. I do think this story is better suited for AMC than the more deadly serious and more grounded in reality Y&R. AMC has always been tongue and cheek with this type of story, and will hopefully take the same approach with this. If anything, it should be entertaining watching Lucci undoubtedly give it her all. Not sure why people are so negative about this. They've done it with Adam, Natalie and Tad (and almost with Brooke...a change in EPs stopped that) with great success. Why would this be so different?

• Members

*ducks* I would actually be all for this story *un-ducks* if I didn't think it was a ridiculous way for D&D to do Erica & Caleb.

I was hoping Susan's new story would get her away from Michael Nouri. Maybe even that they were going to let him go.

Wasn't Lorraine Broderick planning on doing an Erica imposter story late in 1997 and then it got dropped when she was replaced with McTavish? There was some hooker (Maggie?) that Erica was trying to get to take her place in prison because she looked like her, and it seemed like it might be leading to Maggie taking over Erica's life.

• Members

I just don't know if I can hack this. I could barely stand her during Josh, and the thought of watching Erica 2, whoring up PV, doing things Erica would never do, with no one batting an eye (or not doing so for a long time) while my girl is being held hostage...I just don't know if I can take anymore. :(

• Members

Nah, Angela's revealed already that Nerica will sleep with Caleb, driving Jack into Krystal's arms. Believe me, though, there were a thousand other ways to accomplish this w/o playing the Evil Twin Card.

Archived