Luck

Juliajms

• Members

Looks like David Milch has a new show about horse racing called "Luck". This is sort of an old article, but apparently the show might air late this year. The police drama he was working on didn't get picked up. I'm glad, this one sounds more interesting to me.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/showtracker/2010/10/david-milch-hopes-for-visceral-experience-with-hbos-luck.html

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Ugh how awful. Of course horse racing isn't the best activity for horses anyway, so I have a firm belief they did try to be as safe as possible but, yuck. A part of me can't help thinking that despite that second season pick up, the completely underwhelming reaction to this series since then played a part (the initial ratings were much larger when the pickup happened). I didn't know ANYONE who watched more than 2 episodes.

• Members

I really liked it, but I'm not sorry it ended. Three horses are a lot to die just for a TV show. Although, at the same time horses are slaughtered for dog food so...I guess I can't be against racing in terms of animal treatment.

Archived