Deadline Hollywood Says AMC May Be A Goner

• Members

It's just hard to imagine ABC lying to all those people. To us, the fans, sure. They do it without blinking. But what the hell kind of people would sit them down, tell them they're jobs are safe only to be like a week later, "oh my bad". Dunno. It's a hard thing to rationalize. Especially when they know the actors are going to tell the fans.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I think this all blew up when someone came across the daytime confidential article, thinking it was serious journalism since it's part of zap2it now, and ran with it at Deadline, which pretty much just re-writes the DC article. And Deadline, actually known for scoops and other stories, is taken seriously which is what got it legs.

I find it funny it's no longer the big hot topic up top on DC nor have they written anything else about it.

• Members

Honestly the hate from the so called reporters over at Daytime Confidential is what started to spew all this. Because at one point OLTL was the one in danger, they started to report that AMC was in danger. Then when ATWT and GL was canceled but AMC wasn't they started to hate AMC more. The cycle goes on and on. A LOT of the dislike towards AMC is not based on the current state but that AMC was acutally given chances.

• Members

Daytime Confidential does a great disservice to the industry it's supposed to report.

That place is so wrapped up in so many agendas and biases, it's not even funny. I don't even think they try to hide it anymore. They're only after attention and whoring themselves, and they love to get lost in their own hype.

• Members

amen to that.

Nope, nothing else from them and they had it as the "breaking news" headline earlier and no longer do, after all the actor/show comments.

I've always thought that once ABC finds a cheaper product that will actually be a long term contender (and no, I don't consider the ABC Studios (different from the network) Tori Spelling product being rumored a long term contender) they will get out of the soap game, but I just don't think that time is no, especially with Oprah going off the air.

But let them live up this buzz and press it even made the Wall Street Journal this morning.

Archived