AMC: Wednesday, 3/16/11

• Members

I can maybe get behind Amanda & JR, eventually (they did look might pretty together), but this SOON? The writers need to slow the F down here. Annie's returning tomorrow, there will be some emotional scenes, and we get this as the pre-scenes? :jeal0002:

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't know, I actually prefer it this way. With Marissa, you get built-in conflict with JR, David, even Krystal. From a dramatic standpoint, it makes a lot more sense than dragging back Maggie or Lena, with no real connections left on the canvas who could cause conflict. I could buy that Marissa is bi or is beginning to develop feelings she never knew she could have, especially since the character has never really been fully developed. It happens often in real life.

• Members

I just think at this point they'll have JR mask his feelings, Amanda eventually will drag it out of him, but he'll keep the he loves Annie part to himself. JR's private about his true feelings at this point b/c he's trying to control too much.

My tissues will be ready for that last scene w/ MCE/JY.

• Members

I don't think tissues will be enough for me, lol -- I might need a towel! That, plus little Jake's accident/probable death, might be overload for me.

I think that's how JY's trying to play it, that he's masking his feelings. But is that the writers' intent? I don't think they've delved that deep. This month in between has been just stupid as far as Annie/JR. They should have just ended it with that scene a month ago. Now, his seeming insouciance followed by emotional powerhouse scenes, will ring somewhat hollow.

• Members

LOLs.. I think someone put it perfect the other day. Trying to figure out these writer's intention is like licking an electrical outlet. Two things I came away w/ tonight that stood out.

animation2je.gif

About F'n time, slow ass letting Tad get in your way

animation2c.gif

Total epic disaster waiting to happen.:lol:

• Members

I actually enjoyed today. It seemed to have lotsa little scenes that soaps don't do much more--just characters talking, etc (so nice to see Joe one more time). Yeah the running around with the kids scene was kinda ridiculous but I admit at least AMC was trying to do one of those kinds of scenes soaps rarely bother with anymore... (loved how three adult women seemed to find the four kids a lot of work, and then they ship all four of them off to ONE babysitter).

So while not all that stuff was that well executed (this was a Cohen script right?) I have to still give them props for trying. :P

I'm actually liking this Colby story, surprisingly, and I know tv and especially soaps are never realistic with the internet, but no way people saw the video of her mom 1 MILL times in that amount of time?! LOL

• Members

If you're related to a Chandler it gets 1 MILL hits. It's written in stone. Now if that were a La Kane, forget it.

I like Colby turning dirty. But she needs to own it, stop the crying, you're picking on mommy, just do it. But how does Tad and Damon escape her wrath? you see?

Cohen penned this epi. It was ok. One of my fav in character parts, was JR giving Colby that IPad, trying to buy her love, Colby: "What do you want JR"

That picture was gorgeous.

• Members

Ha I wondered if that was a wink to the audience. That said, I recently was re-reading All Her Children (I hope Sylph reads this :D ) and Agnes apologizes several times for the fact that her show is almost entirely set in restaurants, hospitals and the odd kitchen (she says she gets letters wondering how many restaurants Pine Valley has)--so while I think thigns have gone to a ridiculous level, it's not really a new thing (but I would like to see more homey sets--not swanky condos--maybe a kitchen or two? Why are kitchens suddenly--OLTL sligthly aside--taboo on soaps?)

Of course that was 1975 when AMC was notorious for still having cheap, and few, sets, something which wasn't true by the 80s--but she does say that restaurants, parks (!) and hospitals are easy shorthand for writers as they serve as mini town halls where characters have an excuse to bump into each other, while admitting that people in "real life" rarely do at any of those places. Still, maybe the current writers should listen to some of Agnes' other words of wisdom, and not so much to the restaurant/park/hospital rule.

(And I fully agree that ConFusion is just ridiculous in Pine Valley--ESPECIALLY when people go there for food in the daytime and not for a drink at night... And why have they no more interest in the Valley Inn, though I think it was mentioned recently instead of that ever pervalent yacht club--another odd thing to have in PV)

Agreed about Joe, etc--and yes it was especially nice (no offence to our team here) not having read a month before about Joe's reutrn--which prob would have left me underwhelmed instead of charmed and pleasantly surprised.

• Members

Ha I agree with all of your post actually--except she did hang up on Damon and say she never wanted to hear from him again. He is across the country--and Tad was as culpable as Asher--I totally get why she's focused on her mom right now, frankly. It may not be rational, but it makes complete emotional sense.

• Members

Kids are always a problem on soaps. Actually I find kids a problem in most tv and movies anyway--but on soaps they have no rehearsal time, or chance of retakes and it's hard to get them to do much at all, I love the soap convention where they're always worried or involved in stories around kids, yet when a kid is in a scene he's always sent immediately to watch tv in another room, go with some nameless nanny, or sent to the kitchen to eact cookies (it's a wonder the kids aren't all obese really...) So I did kinda appreciate that theytried something more, like I said, even if I found it kinda annoying too. (But Kylie's right--that is the kind of thing one does when looking after kids, at least in my experience--and then hopefullyt hey get tired out and fall asleep :P )

I like the idea of JR and Greens actually... I know I'm in the minority but I like Rebbeca, and the character of Greenlee as conceived. She's just so neutered, boring and wasted when with Ryan--there's zero magic there and it kills her character (as well as his, even though I'm not much of a fan anyway)

• Members

I saw Greenlee the other day and said, 'She looks hot' but w/ Ryan you can't see it. Her sexual draw is gone. David and her had atleast a little bit, Ryan and her, no real sexual nothing, and that's w/ them trying to be sexy, there was that one epi. when she was drunk and they came up looking at ea. other, that's the last time I saw her as a bit of a draw. I think JR would bring it out of her. But how fun would it be knowing JR/Amanda are going to be a disaster, b/c it'll cost her marriage, and after that they try to co-exist, somewhere around this time Ryass leaves GreenBitch, JR is there for Greenlee, Amanda notices while working for JR, gets possessive/protective of him and I could see Greenlee/Amanda not liking ea. other and trading playful jibes. It won't happen, but that would be Greenlee's most interesting use. That would also bring hypocrite/possessive Ryass.:rolleyes:

Archived