OLTL: Discussion for the week of February 14

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Will Jessica please grow an effing backbone? I am so sick of her (and OLTL's writers) pulling out Tess every time she's the least bit hurt. Stand up for yourself, Jess! Don't let it fall upon your alter ego's shoulders every time to do it!

And yeah, Charlie's pretty much trashed, character-wise, now that he and Echo have slept together. If Viki takes him back after that.....

• Members

I loved the Clint and Natalie scene. She didnt judge him for what he had done and he didnt judge her. Like father like daughter. I liked how that was put out there

Tess cares about protecting herself. If she can use the baby as a bargaining chip with Ford to keep herself out, she will

• Members

I figured since she fell in love with Nash, she might care about other people that Jess did, too, like her children. And I thought her objective is to hurt people that hurt Jess, like hurting Natalie a few years ago. But now she's letting Natalie get off the hook and she's parading around with Jess's rapist? Seriously?

• Members

Obviously she didn't kill Viki :P , but she made an attempt at Viki's life you're trying to say? Wait, was she the one who went off on Viki when she had the heart attack?

Yeah, text book speaking, isn't the point of these personalities to protect the primary personality? Tess out and about and on the loose, "I'ma do me" attitude, does that jive? Or are they in the broadest sense saying that Jessica just needs a break and Tess is going to go all out with that concept? I know this is just a soap opera but when dealing with a very campy storytelling device that is actually rooted in a very serious subject matter, I feel that you have to handle it as accurately and respectfully as possible.

I was watching Roseanne on Oprah the other day and I recall an appearance she made on there with Tom Arnold years ago where she said she had DID and one of her alters would take over and drive her to parts unknown. Then she was on again later and asked about it and she said, "Oh I don't have that no more." Then just the other day she revealed that what she called "incest" by her parents probably wasn't "incest" at all by most standards yet she knew no other word for what happened. Did I mention she was a big fan of OLTL? Anyway, it got me to thinking if they'd ever dare to go the route that Viki or even Jessica's (harder with her as there was taped evidence) sexual abuse wasn't real but imagined.

Archived