Days: Peter Reckell & Kristian Alfonso on Oprah

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

She's done some great soap-centered episodes over the years, I wouldn't be surprised if she squeezed Susan Lucci in one last time this final season. I think as Oprah's personal AMC viewing and the soap industry as a whole declined, so went the interest in having soap stars on.

Soaprah episodes I can recall:

-Erica Kane "All My Men"

-AMC 20th anniversary

-AMC 25th anniversary

-Various soap stars including Brenda Dickson, Robin Strasser and Linda Dano (didn't see full ep but clip got yanked from YouTube)

-Dynasty reunion

-Knots Landing Back to the Cul-de-Sac and ABC Daytime to Remember (various ABC soap stars including John Loprieno and Andrea Evans)

-Short via-satellite Susan Lucci interview Monday after she won the Emmy

-Donna Mills and Michele Lee in an "at home with" ep

• Members

Yeah, I think so (to both). She had one of the Mindys from GL on (the one who was only on for a short time in the '90s). I'm forgetting the topic of the interview, it wasn't soap-related, but when Oprah introduced her she referred to the show as "The Guiding Light" in an announcery voice, so she certainly has past knowledge of other soaps.

• Members

I was never really a fan of "The Tyra Banks Show", because I oft found it boring. However, I LOVED her "soap opera school" episode with Natalia Livingston, Becky Herbst, and some others...I wish it was on YT.

Also, I remember Tyra was doing a show about teen abuse and she had Brandon Buddy and Kristen Alderson acting scenes out. I remember I found it odd because Starr/Todd were never absive, and it was right in the midst of the Kristina/Keifer GH storylne and I wondered why she didn't have Lexi Ainsworth and the dude who played Cooper.

I would love to see Oprah do a Soap special in her final season. She could do like "Soap Opera's Biggest Couples!" or something like that.

• Members

The Oprah.com site still has an "Are You The World's Biggest Soap Fan?" solicitation: "If you are a fan of the soaps and are willing to share your love of daytime dramas on The Oprah Winfrey Show, we want to hear from you!"

So it certainly seems there will be a soaps episode coming up, even if Peter & Kristian aren't involved.

Archived