2011: The Directors and Writers Thread

• Members

Nancy Gail Lawrence and Pete T. Rich wrote scripts together on GL. When Curlee/Demorest took over with Reilly from Long, Gail wrote breakdowns (briefly). Lawrence and Rich mostly write together, although I believe Rich was with DOOL in 1993 but Lawrence wasn't.

Both went ficore during the strike so I will not be surprised if one or both shows up under McPherson/Thomas.

It is encouraging that Corday is completely shaking up the staff. I wonder if there's been talk of retooling/restrengthening DOOl so Sony can move it to CBS along with Y&R in two years. Or move both soaps to another cable channel entirely.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Agreed Toups, and I wasn't even a regular viewer. Most notably you had themes such as class warfare and even social issues playing out on Passions. The thing is, JER just added his brand of perks to it, such as comedy.

I always honestly thought that the group of writers/directors JER brought with him to Passions were the ones he really enjoyed working with and the ones that he thought were tremendously talented. No wonder Higley remained at DAYS while JER started his own soap. :lol: There were a considerable amount of former GL writers from the Curlee era that JER had added to the Passions writing team.

• Members

I think Passions took itself very seriously in the beginning (or at least tried to), but when JER realized that wasn't working and no one cared, he tried to play the show off as some alternative soap that was outrageous and stupid for the sake of being outrageous and stupid. It had its traditional elements, but I don't think even Jim Reilly knew what the hell to do with his own creation after the first three years or so.

• Members

I think D&D will end up being in the credits Tuesday.

The previews are strange. For some reason they almost always edit out the scriptwriter and episode director credit. They normally do show D&D and the associate headwriters, but sometimes one or both are missing.

• Members

Yup, D&D were in the credits today. That is so strange. In the episode, their names appear right at the start of the Cara and Griff scene. But in the preview, their names aren't there at all but they do show credits for the associate writers' names.

• Members

http://twitter.com/#!/MarleneMcP

It looks like DAYS' new Co-Head writer Marlene McPherson has joined Twitter. I think the account is authentic. days45online is following her and they work for the show. If it's her then I think it's great!! She only has 2 tweets so far and they are both about DAYS.

If it's her, we can expect her & Darrels work to begin 9/23, also the day AMC fades away :(

• Members

Kudos to Michael Montgomery for a fabulous script (along with _______ as breakdown writer) for penning the Wednesday, June 1 Y&R episode. Not to mention that MTS was beyond superb (think Judith Light/Kim Zimmer at their best). MM should be given a regular scriptwriting deal and replace Milstein's BFF Anne Schoettle who phones in mediocre scripts. MM could be the next Patrick Mulcahey!

Archived