Maria A. Bell Inks New Deal With 'Y&R'

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

MAB strikes me as the type of woman who wishes she was Nancy Reagan or Betsy Bloomingdale or Casey Ribicoff or Marion Jorgensen. That kind of Los Angeles socialite and civic mover and shaker.

But she's not. She's a hack soap writer with a thick waist, bad skin and an even worse attitude.

Having her remain at the helm of Y&R is a moot point, she's not doing much there as it is, all the garbage we see is courtesy of everyone else. MAB doesn't have it in her to even execute what we see onscreen. She's a placeholder.

The Emperor Has No Clothes.

• Members

I don't even think she likes the things she wears. As if she chooses them because of some misplaced, illusory belief that she'll look smashing in it, then she realizes it's crap, but still decides to ultimately go out dressed like that. Ego or something.

What strikes me is that looking at her, her facial expressions, eyes... she doesn't look like a b!tch, but apparently is very much so.

She is probably very insecure and "thick skin and worse attitude" are just manifestations of that.

Archived