Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

This is Terry Lester's first episode and most likely one of Deborah Adair's. If not her first. Someone once said they remember Deborah's first scenes being at the hospital, so pretty close. According to synopsis, Jack drives Jill to the hospital. 

Edited by will81

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Don't think he does stick around long, maybe just a few months. Pretty certain he never made it to 1997. 

Yeah it's awesome you were able to find this. Here is the newspaper article from July 24, 1980. Also mentions his next two episode dates.

I have a sneaking suspicion Deborah Adair and Brett Halsey were both brought on the same week. Maybe they started on Mon July 21 and Terry came on the next day. 

• Members

4/19/82 is in the vault. There’s a flashback to the spring ’81 hook-up of Jack and Jill, so you can get a little glimpse. I think that flashback has a newly-created insert of Jerry Douglas’ John discovering Jack and Jill hooking up. Where in the original scene, I assume it was Brett Halsey’s John discovering them, and that’s when Brett H was let go.

When John returned to town, Jill definitely had some atoning to do for sleeping with Jack, as she reconnected with John.

• Members

Thanks! I know Jill got involved with Andy of all people afterwards so it’s interesting to me that on how John and Jill would reunite the following years. 

Thanks! I know Jill got involved with Andy of all people afterwards so it’s interesting to me that on how John and Jill would reunite the following years. 

• Members

I never saw it, but it seems to have been a non starter. Barely anything happens in 1980 and then the triangle ends in Mar 81 and Brett Halsey is shown the door. Apparently he was a dud on the chemistry scale. Seems Bell had more luck with Jill/Jack/Patty over the summer of 1981 before moving Jill on to Andy.

In 1982 Jill makes ammends with John for sleeping with Jack, since Jill and John were never actually together (he was too hesitant to start anything) he forgave her and they began dating.

• Members

We saw scenes of Bond Gideon with Sean Garrett (?) as John posted here.

The confusion lies with Garrett as he was never announced as playing John, it was always Halsey. The thinking was he was a temp for Halsey.

We need now to solve when the role of John started  and who played him.

• Members

Sean Garrison. As I have never seen any of Halsey’s John I thought that was him until learning otherwise. 

I mean I liked Gideon as Jill from what we saw but Garrison’s John was strange with that German accent or something. I think someone else mentioned there was a another John as well but it’s probably buried in this thread 100 pages back. 

Thanks too @will81. My guess is after Halsey flopped as John Bell decided to pause the character for a while until a suitable actor was cast. 

• Members

Jill got the job at Jabot in May, so that is when Brett Halsey was hired also I believe.

He had had two previous soap roles as Clay on SFT and Adam on GH but had done movies in the 60's and lived in Europe for many years and acted there.

He wrote a couple of fiction books based on his experiences.

One was about soaps and had me guessing as to what real life people he based the characters on.

i think Bill just had trouble fitting in all these stories and couldn't get the Jabot story of the ground.

Obviously he was not inspired by Bond as Jill. Although we never know the real reason actors are dropped. Maybe Bond had trouble with the pace of daytime or took John Conboy's parking spot?