Y&R: Old Articles

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

The amount of vets is never a problem.  It’s how you use them.  Newman wasn’t always just filled with that family.  We had Neil, Ryan, Jill, and the Jabot characters/storylines.  And they had their own orbits away from Newman.  The show wasn’t just a snake eating it’s own tail all the time.

The problem for me is that they tried to keep Victor the same player he was in 1991, and gave up on the actor that could anchor the future of the manipulative and vindictive side of that family- Heather Tom’s Victoria.  We have Nick and Sharon maybe rushed too fast into marriage and family stories, and then almost 30 years treating them like they are in their 20’s.  They won’t let newer character organically exist because they won’t move the older players forward.

• Members

I love everything about this scene...it used to be on YouTube many many years ago when I first started going on there. It appeared in the vault, but this version is much better quality than the one in the vault.

I LOVE how devious Katherine is in this and how Jill is trying to play the innocent mother-to-be card. Ironic that Kay calls Jill devious, but that's how she's playing this dialogue out to try and get Jill to spill the beans...

Also notice how Brenda is channeling 70's Jill here, very soft and innocent.

• Members

@Broderick pointed out in the B&B from the Beginning thread that the Lance/Lucas/Leslie/Lorie quad was influenced by Le Morte d'Arthur. Maybe I'm way off here but it recently occurred to me that there may have been some biblical allusions in the quad with Vanessa in the background. Think about these comparisons:

Rebecca/Vanessa

Jacob/Lance

Esau/Lucas

Rachel/Leslie

Leah/Lorie

Rebecca favored Jacob over the hairy hunter Esau./Vanessa favored Lance over the rugged bearded sailor Lucas.

Jacob loved Rachel but was tricked into marrying Leah./Lance was drawn to Leslie but married Lorie.

I wonder if the biblical allusions were coincidence or intentional on Bill Bell's part. I don't know how religious Bill Bell was in his personal life, as I never got a religious element from much of his writing.

Edited by kalbir

• Members

Brenda's Jill was cold and sarcastic..but there were moments when 70s Jill came out.  I often think Jill and Katherine's whole dynamic shifted when Jess Walton took over.

Before Jill and Katherine would trade insults and putdowns...but Jess' more intense take on Jill made them start to get physical in their fights.

• Members

Was this the character played by Grant Cramer? Who played Shawn, Lauren's stalker from 1986? I honestly barely remember him. He was some real arrogant guy that was supposed to be a love interest for Ashley, but not even sure it went anywhere. 

• Members

Ep 1869 Airdate Tues July 22 1980

Cast

Greg

Stuart

Snapper

Carl

Casey

Mary

Nikki

Paul

John

Jack

Jill

Matthew

Sumiko

Steve

Peggy

Sets/Scenes to be taped on each set

Campus Park

Steve Peggy

Sumiko's Room

Sumiko Matthew

Sumiko Paul

Hospital Room

Mary Carl Casey

Hospital Waiting Area

Greg Stu Snapper 

Greg Snapper Nikki

Greg Snapper

Greg Snapper Jill Nurse

John Abbott Office/Hospital Phone

John Jack

Jack Jill

Jack Jill Snapper

New World Commune Porch

Paul Matthew  Nikki

Paul Nikki Matthew Sumiko

Paul Nikki

Paul Nikki Matthew

Matthew Nikki

Looking at synopses-

Mary was in hospital after her miscarriage

Liz had been shot,by a hitman ordered to kill Greg- hence all the characters also at the hospital

Peggy and Steve were investigating the cult

Looks like Jill got word at Jabot from Snapper about Liz

Edited by Paul Raven