Y&R: Old Articles

• Members

Thanks so much! smile.png

I recently asked my usual dvd seller about the December 20,21,22,26,27 1989 dates, but I'm not sure if you have them yourself!...

I also saw that some May and October 1990 episodes and some more July 1991 were just added to James' list who is the original owner of all the Y&R episodes we collect.....

http://www.ioffer.com/i/the-young-and-the-restless-full-episodes-581842228

Edited by YRfan23

• Replies 13.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Great! smile.png

Unfortunately that French Episode guide with all the dates isn't really helping so far........I just watched 12/12 but I can't decide if it's really 12/11 or not.....Here is what is said for those 2 dates....

12/11/89

# 4249 11/12/1989 14/06/1994
Télé 7 Jours (14/06/1994): Ashley is quite happy with the return of his brother Jack. And on this occasion, she decided to organize a party with friends. It invites Brad
Victor and hoping that these will make it fun to come. Without warning, Esther reinstate the house of Nina rather surprised at his return. And she tells him,
in addition, she left her service ...
Télé Star (06/14/1994): Right now, Nikki is coveted: first by her ex-husband, and finally by Jim and Jack seems, since his return to rededicate
with her. To realize his marriage proposal, Scott offers superb ring Lauren ...
Télé Poche (14/06/1994) To celebrate the return of his brother, Ashley organized a reception
12/12/89
# 4250 12/12/1989 16/06/1994
Télé 7 Jours (16/06/1994): Victor that he will attend the reception hosted by Ashley in honor of Jack ...
Télé Star (16/06/1994): Jack is disappointed because Victor, which was overshadowed by the end of the evening, forgot his gift, a Moroccan dagger. So that the plan can Clint
run, Marge is ok to operate as Appendix Katherine for the two women have the same scar ...
Télé Poche (16/06/1994): Nikki learns with astonishment that Jack became the rival of Jim Grainger ...
See for some reason they mention other things that didn't take place on any of those episodes so it's really hard to tell...I'm just going to assume that 12/12 is correct since by going by the commercials Rescue 911 and Beauty and the Beast aired new episodes on Tuesdays....I will have to watch the others to figure it out though...
as for 12/26/12/27.....The only 2 December 89 episodes I uploaded are from 12/27 and 12/28/89 though they are marked as 12/28 and 12/29 in the labels......I figured since the actual 12/29/89 show was re-aired years ago for one of the CBS holiday classics in 1999, that the 2 dates I have were from a couple days before....unless the date for the 99 repeat was off along....
also If i'm right you should be seeing the 2008 christmas classic they showed from 2008 that aired on 12/22/89 on the dvd with 12/20-12/26/89....they should help with some dates...
Edited by YRfan23

• Members

no problem....

some dates are correct but other aren't, and as you can see the episode guide descriptions are worded really weird....

Are there only 4 dates on the 12/20/89-12/27 dvds? that would explain some mix ups too.... cause it looks like 5 episodes were suppose to be on there....

• Members

First of all, thanks so much to everyone posting episodes!

A little tip I discovered for when a video is unavailable in your region: Type the URL but put ss in front of youtube. That takes you to another site that lets you download the video that you were not able to watch. It doesn't always work, but sometimes it does. It does not work if the video has been deleted or blocked worldwide.

http://nio86.blogspot.com/2013/10/the-easiest-way-to-download-youtube.html that site describes the process.

Edited by BoldRestless

• Members

Thanks! I will have to try that sometime...

Btw I recently ordered some new episodes that were just added from December 1993 and January 1994 and I think the December ones are going to be Cole and Victoria getting married in Vegas....I think your profile pic is from that wedding, lol.

• Members

Thanks so much as always! smile.png I'm glad to have these to hold over till my episodes arrive, which should be Friday....

The dates are correct btw! smile.png

I haven't really commented on the episodes lately so I'd figured I would start with the one I just watched 12/20..

I really love getting to see more of the Bermuda stuff.....Such beautiful location footage and the music was stunning......and Cassandra's reaction to seeing "dead" Paul in the elevator......I have never heard the extended version of that music cue at the end....

The Skip/Carol/Nan stuff always bores me a little, but at least the acting is good....I always think Christopher Templeton who plays Carol should have never been phased out after this story...

Odd to see Traci back, though I knew she was around this time...it's just so funny cause when she returns in 1990 they always make it sound like she left that previous summer yet we see she stayed well into the fall and I guess was back for Christmas....perhaps they wanted to see how she was with Bergman real quick...

The Jill/John scenes were heartbreaking and I always love seeing Jess play Jill as a vulnerable person.....

Marge is always hilarious....I laughed when they talked about Marge's sex life...and when Marge painted the scenario about Clint decorating the motel room for her...

I can't wait to watch the others! smile.png

Edited by YRfan23

• Members

Well the dvds arrived today!! :) I'm surprised they came a day earlier but it all works for me...haha it's so hard to try not to watch all the episodes on the discs but you get so into it...LOL

anyways, I wanted to comment on the 12/21 show real quick....

My goodness, If I would choose an appropriate tittle for that episode it would be "Let's mix em up" I'm shocked that Brad of all people talked Nina into calling Jill....so random even though it was such a sweet scene.....It was interesting to see Brad with Cricket and Nina though.....he surprisingly looked like he would have fit in with their group, which is funny cause before Cricket and Danny Brad was a good friend of his.....though it was still really awkward.......they must have been trying to show people that characters on Y&R do know each other even if their stories never really come together....I did like how Nina literally blew up at Brad for suggesting she call Jill.....It would look weird but I would almost consider seeing a Brad/Nina pairing only cause she would not tolerate his crap....

I wonder if maybe the actor playing Chase couldn't come in and that's why Brad filled that part of peacemaker for Nina and Jill....I know Brad and Jill are good friends though.....

Also nice to see Lauren and Victor....I loved it when Lauren caught on to why he really wanted to come to the wedding and her "interesting cast of characters"

I feel like this is where Bill Bell resorted to his "making Up stuff as he went along" factor since it seems like the previous episode he didn't realize the Abbott kids planing the trip with John would intercede with his plans to visit Jill on Christmas, yet they obviously already have it known to Jill that she would be alone after all...until Nina let her be with Little Phillip....I guess stuff can happen offscreen but I sometimes wish they would show that kind of stuff like maybe Jill finding out from Carol or something...

Such a tender scene of Ashley remembering Victor giving her Steven's Necklace that previous christmas....the type of scenes every soap head writer is ashamed of doing now especially Hack Pratt...

oh joy....more of David's cheesy singing......the fact that you already know it's all a con makes you hate David more cause he's doing such a good job of buttering up Nina, though I was expecting Gina to bop him on the head for trying to steal her thunder...