New Lily Has Been Casted

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R no longer does good pairings because the audience does not like insta-love couples. I hope this one makes me like Lily a character who has done nothing but anoy me with her constant poor me attitude. The girl always makes stupid decisions that get her in trouble and then moans and whines like it isn't her fault. Hopefully new Lily grew up while away.

• Members

She LOOKS the part. I know people loved Kristal, but I CERTAINLY wasn't one of them. If she whined one more time, I was about to become the temporary Dru Winters and slap the TAN off that child. I know I watch Y&R with my homegirls, and we all felt the same way. This time, she at least looks like she has Dru's attitude. I'll have to watch Platinum to get a feel for her I guess, but IF she can act, I may have a new young actress to worship (and most who know me KNOW I love the vets, so this is rare. It'd be her and Jennifer Landon at this point).

And why can't she be with Daniel now? Can he not HANDLE a young woman who has a bit of an attitude? A woman who is very sure of herself? If he can't, then maybe that's on him. Lily should've never BEEN sweet in the first place. But she's been gone for a little while now. She has the right to grow. No more terrible decisions for this character. She BETTER represent dammit.

• Members

I like NuLily..I seen her on My wife and kids..she's not bad..

She looks tuff..I'm hoping the writers bring Lily back with a whole new attuide..So she can show that she is really Dru's daughter with that fiery attuide..

NuLily isn't that bad looking she pretty..I am definitly getting Aaliyah vibe from her..I love Aaliyah..bless her soul..

• Members

I liked her on that show, too. That show was really good. Too bad it was short lived. I think she'll bring a bit of an edge to Lily which should be a heck of a lot more interesting than the "Valley Girl" Lily. I think she will mesh well with Victoria Rowell.

Now, of course, we have to wait and see if she can handle the daily soap grind.

If I remember correctly, her character on "Platinum" was dating an Eminem wannabe.

• Members
So THAT'S where I remember her from. She played on of the main guy's lil sis, right? Yeah, she was cool. And Platinum was fun too. T'is a pity the series was short lived though. :( It was fun and funky, like Fastlane (again, still bitter <_< ).

Aww :wub: . Looking at her again, you're kinda right on that score. :) This news has me a little intrigued for Y&R.

• Members

Davetta as Jade, the younger sister of Jackson and Grady, was involved with VerSis, the white rapper on their label. However, for a while she did leave VerSis for Nick Tashjian, the head of a rival record label. However in Jade's final scene she had returned to VerSis. Jade also confronted her father about him leaving the family, which was some pretty good. Sherwood was definitely better than Lalanya Masters was as Jackson's wife Monica. I do agree though in wondering if she is up to the task of a soap.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

I just saw Davetta Sherwood in a re-run of "Bernie Mac" that I've must have seen a dozen times. It's the episode where Bernie and Wanda sign Vanessa up for some upper-class mentoring program called "Jack and Jacqueline." Sherwood plays one of the uppity, bougie girls the Vanessa meets and they later get caught stealing at the mall.

She kinda made me think of Gabrielle Union type.

• Members

What do you mean no romance? They fired Ashley Bashioum, hired CookieCutterMac to create the Supercouple to end all Supercouples GayT/not!Mac!

Are yall not pleased??? :D

BTW, I must say that Kevin and Lily would've been a HOT couple had Christel stayed. She was annoying as hell, but her chemistry with Greg was smoking. I know it's not right and a little sick, but hey they were hot. I'll take hot over boring anyday.

Can't wait for nuLily! I hope her final scenes are with Victoria Rowell.

Archived