All: Rate the Soaps

• Members

Agreed. They *really* need to figure a new story direction for their new "main star" of the show (if such a person exists), Alison Sweeney. It's been the same yawn-inducing garbage for so long. I don't care for either male suitor. Bring back Lucas and Brandon if they insist on having her be in the center of a love triangle!

I'm glad that TPTB constantly remind us that Phillip/Stephanie and Melanie/Nathan are the "endgames," because I honestly don't see that nor care. Melanie and Nathan casually dated for a minute, and Stephanie doesn't seem to be phased by anything Phillip does.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Where do you get that Phillip and Stephanie are the endgame? I dont get that at all from watching the show. To an extent I see it with Melanie and Nathan but not the other 2. If anything, I see Phillip with Chloe when the dust settles with Stephanie being all alone

• Members

AMC: B- David's death had potential if his trial had brought out several secrets such as Jesse covering up when he thought Randi murdered Henry North (isn't there a missing DVD out around somewhere?). Instead, it devolved into the latest round of Rylee, a couple who've always sucked together. JR & Marissa custody battle holds my interest with Caleb and Erica battling him over ownership of Cortlandt Electronics with all parties involved letting their personal feelings get in the way. Imo, this is classic soap! Angie's blindness and pregnancy is mostly being told well except for the day she told Jesse how it was half David's fault. A new few stories with potential for me are Liza's growing closeness to Damon, Jake's ex-wife's return and what's going to happen next to Kendall.

OLTL: D How many sudden psychos are there in Llanview? Between Ross, Eli and the chick who kidnapped Jessica and Bree (sorry, as a causal viewer I forgot her name), it seemed like OLTL had no heart, just a series of scenes where everything was chaotic. What saved it from an F was Echo being revealed as Rex's mother and I assume Clint will be his father. At least this sounds worth watching. With all the teens and the addition of the Ford brothers, I thought they should change the name of the show a few months ago to Whose Live Is This?

• Members

Reading all these posts really rams home just how awful and lacklustre this current Sweeps period is. I am a big soap fan from way back and right now I am ready to drop them all permanently.

Y&R C-

Better than it was -- thanks to Maura West's arrival and MTS returning to the frontburner -- but the same horrendous characters are eating up airtime. Those smirking, crawlingly insincere runts Billy and Giggly Heffa chief among them. Still, I am watching which is more than I can say for...

GH F.

So much massive fail. Guza obviously had no real SL in place for VMG so he came up with this wafer-thin ridiculousness and has proceeded to recycle the same scenes for the past two months. I cannot bear to hear whispery Brenda have the same exact conversation with Sonny/Jason/Dante anymore. Consequently, I have dropped the show.

• Members

D'oh! Forgot about Days -- ironic, since it is the best of the bunch. Solid B. Some interesting new SLs starting up. The Kiriakises (and to a lesser extent the DiMeras) are all kinds of goodness. The Hortons appear to be coming back to the fore, too. What brings it down? Chloe & Hairy-Chest don't thrill me either as a couple or individuals. Oh, and I simply cannot bear Rafe/Sami/EJ. Sami is a played-out, boring, screechy character. Rafe -- eh. He's stuck in the Sami vortex and bending over backwards to protect her gun-wielding ass. EJ needs to get over the fact that Sami is not interested and get the HELL out of that triangle. Surely Days has enough alluring females he can toy with. Or how about an older woman -- Kate?

• Members

That's EXACTLY how I feel about DAYS, it's the best of the bunch with a few issues and you've summed them up perfectly Cat.

B&B gets a C+ because I find it watchable but it's not brilliant.

I've quit all the others and with Y&R, that means the show is an absolute F.

Archived