The Walking Dead: Discussion Thread

Toups

• Members

I have to say again how super happy I was with Michonne in this eppy. I could not take that pout one minute longer. They gave Danai the opportunity, and she came through. So happy, she will be talking more now.

I like how the writers worked it out. Rick didn't think it was a good idea to leave her there with Merle, so she came along with him. That was a neat way to work these 2 in an eppy pretty much by themselves.

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yvette was the absolute best for me, closely followed by the 2 from last night. Joe Manginello (sp) a very close 4th, but that's only because he looks so damn good. Yvette knew the show top to bottom and her insight of the scenes and characters was just so on point. I have tweeted her so much to return, but she has yet to respond. I'm probably blocked by now.

• Members

Yep, Joe is a definitely 4th best guest, imo. He was very knowledgeable.

I will definitely check out CH's podcast at some point.

Oh, I saw elsewhere Scott M. Gimple, the Showrunner for next season, wrote last night's outstanding episode. It bodes well for next season, until AMC fires him of course.

I cannot get over how good last night's episode was and without major action. Lennie was so awesome. He is such a gem of an actor. He and Andy did some excellent work last night. Rick was clearly looking at his possible future when he saw Morgan's madness. It was great seeing Rick reject it and still believe that there is hope.

Michonne overhearing Carl and Rick talking about her and deciding to reach out to both of them so she can stay with the group. I am glad that she decided to be with them to survive. I have resented her monosyllabic dialogue so her personality coming out was a treat to watch. At least, Rick knows that he is not alone in his little crazy world and that Michonne has been there.

Rick's reaction to Carl shooting Morgan was interesting. It was like the first time that he noticed that his son is scary as hell.

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

lol re: "until they fire him"...so true!

I'm with you, Ann! Last night's eppy was amazing, and I agree with Aisha, one of the best of the show if not THE best. Just 3 of the main characters but so much was going on. I watched it 3 times last night and will watch it again when I get home.

I also agree with Aisha that it is time to reign in Carl a bit. He has learned nothing from some of their more harsh experiences - Dale anyone? Time for him to just be a kid for a while. There are plenty of adults who are capable and the group is going to be stronger than ever!

Lennie James is a magnificent actor, and I hope to see him soon outside of TWD. Time for him to be back on the big screen in a role where he can get an Oscar, that is when it goes back to being a reputable awards show and giving statues to the adults who actually deserve them.

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

Chit, you and the Oscars. LOL! The last thing I saw Lennie in was Line of Duty, a BBC police drama last year. He was good as usual, but the writing and overall plot dragged.

There is no going back to being a kid for Carl. He is a child soldier now. There is little difference between life and death for him other than when it comes to the people that he cares about. Besides, the survivors need everyone to do their share and do what they can. Carl can shoot and his ruthlessness will save their lives again and again. However, his desperation to get that picture shows that there is some hope for Carl.

Here is an interview with Andy about working with Lennie again: http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox/2013/03/walking-dead-andrew-lincoln-talks-clear-morgans-return-and-michonnes-new-direction.html

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I think Rick feels guilty because he's the one who told Carl he needed to grow up, and that's what Carl is trying to do, but in such a damaged way. The contrast between stone cold Carl and the Carl who was willing to die to get a family photo just broke my heart.

I enjoyed seeing the various sides of Michonne in that episode, but especially her dry humor. I'm also glad they didn't feel the need to demean the character or put her in her place.

It was chilling to remember that Morgan saved Rick when Rick was alone and distraught, and now, when a hitchhiker is in the same position, Rick leaves him to die (twice) and scavenges his backpack.

That photo zap2it uses in their Andrew Lincoln bio does him no favors.

• Members

Watching what these characters have been thru from day one, and I kind of get why they did what they did. I would have liked for them to stop for the hitchhiker, but I feel as if I'm traveling with them now and understand the motivations and the need to keep the group as tight as possible. They can't affored to trust anyone and they can't feed every body they run into. I would not have left the guy, but I can't blame Rick and the others for doing so.

Edited by ChitHappens

• Members

I was reading the WSJ blog review and the writers pointed out that there was sign on the road that said, “Erin, we tried for Stone Mountain – J” and one of the walkers a zombie had a bracelet with the name, “Erin.” I totally missed that connection. Goes to show how so many people have been lost by loved ones. There must be groups of survivors like ours and Phillip's hiding all over the country.

Here is NY Times article on the impact of the show: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/03/04/business/media/walking-dead-helps-solidify-amcs-ratings-success.html?ref=television

Edited by Ann_SS

• Members

I felt so bad but most of the screeching/screaming dialogue between Rick & Morgan had me cracking up. It was good but I'm like these theatrics right now!

DO YOU REMEMBER ME?!
DO YOU SEE ME?!

WEARING OTHER PEOPLE'S FACES!

I was just on the damn floor.

• Members

I felt bad for the hitchhiker. The guy is a human and in this situation every able body counts. If he turned out to not work out they could have kicked him out of the compound but person after person has come to want to join the group and Rick has turned them all away, and then conversely they discuss how all they have is Rick, Daryl, and now Merle to fight. Looking at the governor's town we see that dozens are more than 4, and hundreds are more powerful than dozens, and the basic premise of safety in numbers plays out. 400 humans stand a better chance of survival than 40, and 4000 would stand an even better chance.

Carl is one of my favorite characters on the show because being a child we are able to see how dramatically he is changing and how not a child he becomes with each episode.