DAYS: Behind the Scenes, Articles/Photos

• Members

She used to be listed, but since she retired I guess her membership lapsed. The DGA directory does it differently than the WGA directory. WGA lists everyone. DGA only lists active members.

• Replies 6.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members
Posted (edited)

I'll admit it is a hot take, but I actually think her behavior and opinions track, albeit in a messed up way. 

Just as she would support a man for president who publically humiliated her, she was willing to continue working for the former producer had she not been dismissed. Her lawsuit is not only based on harassment, the allegations are that she faced retaliation for trying to make a complaint to HR.  So, in theory, if she had not been fired then she might not have quit, despite being humiliated on set in front of her peers for years. 

I believe her, and I certainly don't blame her, but the alignment of the situations seemed reasonable.

Edited by j swift

• Members
Posted (edited)

I used Google Translate because it has been more than forty years since I went to Hebrew School.  It's a steal, given that 19.90 shekels converts to $5.34 a month.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by j swift

• Members

I'll be honest and say I don't follow AZ enough to know if her behavior tracks.  I'll make my own hot take and say I don't really care what she thinks or believes lol.  I may not agree with her, but she can believe whatever she wants.  The only thing AZ owes me or any viewer is to play Nicole to the best of her ability.  So while I don't think I would invite AZ over to a dinner party now I am just going to side eye her and move on lol.

• Members

This clip tells the tale. Deidre Hall deserved an Emmy for this. She has found that she loves 2 men but she cannot & she vents to the only person she can, Abe, and she resents the fact that he CAN love both of them. https://rumble.com/v52at5z-days-of-our-lives-12-5-91-marlena-and-abe-she-loves-two-men.html

• Members

That is one of my favorite Marlena clips and possibly my favorite Abe/Marlena clip.  I don't know if I should give Days credit for playing the long game with the John/Marlena/Roman triangle, but they really laid her feelings out there 2 years before.

• Members
Posted (edited)

And, we come full circle here as fans because it was you who first alerted me to this scene & now, of course, it is one of my very most favorite scenes both of Marlena and of Abe.

Alina Adams has just posted that she just did an interview with James Reynolds, about a new book that I believe is about favorite scenes in soaps, and she asked for scenes we recall with James Reynolds in them & I offered up this. (Said she did one with Wally, too. I'm trying to think.)

Edited by Contessa Donatella
more

• Members

Yes!  I have always talked about how much I love that Abe/Marlena scene.

There is a lot of good work from James Reynolds in 1985 surrounding the Richard Cates story that includes his brother Theo's death.  I don't know how much is available these days, but it was overall a decent story for Marlena and Abe post-Roman/pre-RoJohn.

• Members

I do understand the disappointment of your favorite actor/actress having personal beliefs that don't align with your own.  I just don't really care lol.  It doesn't affect what AZ is doing on screen as Nicole or the 25 years she spent at Days consistently bringing in great performances.

• Members

In 1981 Doug & Julie were about to marry for the second time. Brenda Benet, playing Lee Dumonde, says they can't because Doug is married to her. She & Doug have this huge fight. He says she was lying the entire time. Here is a clip. 

https://rumble.com/v52b9qd-days-of-our-lives-1981-doug-and-julies-2nd-wedding.html

• Members
Posted (edited)
UPDATE ON NIELSEN RATINGS POST FROM EARLIER THIS WEEK...

"Days" contacted me about the Luminate ratings post showing "Days" in 10th place on the streaming list for the week of June 7-June 13, saying in part "Unfortunately, it is not legitimate and cannot be corroborated nor authenticated by Peacock."

The person who sent it to me gets an industry edition of the Luminate email and that is where the graphic first originated. It was sent from a trusted source, so at most, it seems the Luminate email contained an error in its email edition of the chart, which was corrected by the time Variety posted the correct list of shows. Sorry for any confusion!

Edited by JAS0N47

• Members

Way to go Days! I always had faith the show could do well on streaming, especially during the slow time for streamers releasing new content. Now, not to sound like a broken record but imagine if they had better writing! This possibly could be a regular thing.