As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members
Posted (edited)

I was 15 minutes into it but unfortunately had to stop watching it due to an unwanted phone call.

Please register in order to view this content

Hope to finish watching it tonight.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Replies 15.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I got to watch the last 10-15 minutes - Colleen Zenk showed up as a guest and they had a nice reunion. They said that they had not actually seen each other in person since he was on ATWT. I think he said most of what he remembered about his time at ATWT was the car ride back and forth. He also mentioned his work as an acting teacher and how until recently he didn't even know there were web soaps. He went to the cast party for The Bay to see Dee Wallace Stone but felt like he was out of place and left early as Dee wasn't feeling well. He talked about how loyal soap fans are and how when he does tiktok lives he still often has comments from people who remember him as Paul.

• Members

Thanks for the summary!

I had a feeling Colleen would be showing up. Can't wait to see it.

Danny wants to get back into the business. I wonder if he'd be interested in doing another soap. I'm sure Carlivati would hire him. I just have this feeling.

• Members

I found this on an old disc (in parts - at least I was finally able to remember how to combine clips). There is another version of this episode on Youtube but this one is about ten minutes longer, so I decided to upload. If anyone knows the exact date, I'd appreciate it.

• Members
Posted (edited)

Finally continued watching Danny's interview and Colleen's pop up appearance. It was great. I didn't know they kept in touch but hadn't seen each other in person since back in the day. 

Danny remembered the fire Paul and Dusty were trapped in due to James?  He remembered(taping) Colleen and him escaping the fire.

Interesting he remembered Anthony and his presence and energy but not Hugo.

Surprised to hear Colleen keeps in touch with Hugo.

That clip with Colleen and Danny was golden.

They need to interview CB Barnes (Paul #2) and reunite Colleen with him.

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

Btw didn't know Danny had lived in Austin.

And his husband is cute.

I knew it! He asked about The Bay. Watch him show up on that soap!

• Members

This is another episode I found on an old disc, something I must have downloaded from Youtube ages ago. I didn't see it up on Youtube at present. If it is up there and I missed it, I will take it down.

The date on mine said March 1958. If you have any more information, I will update the video.

Lots of the old Irna home truths here courtesy of Grampa and Irna psychoanalysis courtesy of some teen character I hadn't seen outside of this episode but IMDB has being on for two years. Jean Mowry, who played her, was 35, but I guess black and white TV helps hide it.

• Members

Thanks @P.J. and @Soapsuds.

I wouldn't even call it a triangle as Tom never had any interest in Barbara. 

Later on, instead of the degrading and trashy storyline with Emily, they should have had Tom actually develop feelings for Barbara when she was grieving her dead baby and he felt alienated from Margo's life. 

• Members

Jean Mowry was 35?!

Great to see a new episode resurface. That was Tom Pope talking to Chris-he would take an interest in Penny when Jeff was in jail,I think.

Interesting that there would be a time jump to well into the next day during the episode. I always had the impression that 1 day would play out over several episodes.

There was an SFT episode that used to be on Ytube from the 60's and b/w commercials there was a time jump from day to nightime, so maybe that was more common in older soaps than I thought.

• Members

Thanks for the extra details - I know so little about this era beyond the basics so didn't know Tom Pope.

As this had been online before I didn't want to tag a bunch of people but I'm glad some of the other vintage fans were interested. 

I always associate mid-episode time jumps with ATWT because when I was young I was fascinated by the image of the sun going up during Marland-era ATWT to emphasize the shift to a new day. Glad to see they were still willing to take a risk with the jump back then. I'm half-surprised Irna was willing to do it.

• Members

From what I recall from my childhood, AMC used to do this as well.

I always love the fact that they didn't ignore or forget that Margo once was James' mistress.  I mean, that had nothing to do with Barbara going after Tom, but Marland was smart to have Margo mention that when she confronted Barbara.