As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

Yeah, that was another entire level of complication...Ariel was James' sister. They were both Greta's children. Ariel did figure out that Dusty was Gunnar's son, but I believe she did love Burke. Dusty didn't like her though. Burke collapsed at their ceremony, and there was some debate about if the marriage was legal. Since Dusty didn't want her as his stepmother, Burke didn't go through with a second ceremony, and made Karen Dusty's guardian. At some point it was decided the first ceremony was legal and Ariel tried, I think, to gain control of the fortune. But either way, Burke died soon there after. 

James grew up with a brother named Lars (who would've been Gunnar's brother) but he had died previously. I'm not sure he was ever on screen. But his widow blamed James for his death and hatched a revenge plot. 

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Lucinda was already on canvas when Whit died. She blamed him for Martin's suicide (though we saw later that it was because of Lilly adoption, which Marland never connected to previous) and she took over all of Whit's media empire.. she WAS one of the suspects in his death (Lisa thought she was the murderer) but the original plan was to kill Lisa...or at least that is what Fulton claims, so she said she would come back..

• Members

Although this interview was done last year, I've never seen it.  Kind of nice that he keeps in touch with Tamara Tunie (Jessica), Brian Bloom (Dusty) and Finn Carter (Sierra), who he had great onscreen chemistry with.

ATWT/OLTL Alum Scott Bryce Talks About His Time on Daytime Soap Operas, His Role on 'The Good Fight' and Much More!

Edited by DramatistDreamer

• Members

It was nice seeing Cassandra Creech-Denise ATWT on a soap again. She was on today's episode of Days playing a prisoner who has a vendetta on Gabi.

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by Soapsuds

• Members

So excited to be presenting at this year’s Daytime Emmy Awards this Sunday with Elizabeth Hubbard! Liz and I have a lot of adventures planned. Stay tuned for some Q&A and FBook live! Fun!!

Martha and Elizabeth will be at this years Daytime Emmys. It will be nice to see Liz again.

• Members

^Colleen is such a stunner!!  (And still is)

That photo of Denise - wow that takes me back! She was on ATWT when I started watching in 2000 but she didn't last very long. Was she a major player for awhile?  I have vague memories of her and Ben. Heck, Ben himself is a character that I feel was on the show for a long time when I watched but never really did anything/had a major storyline?

There don't seem to be a lot of episodes from the 90's available on YT but I'm hoping that, by the time I get there, more will have been uncovered. I'm hoping to learn more about Denise, Andy, Ben, Camille (?), and of course to learn about the Carly/Brad/Jack/Roseanna characters from their beginning.

Right now, I'm still stuck in Laura Simmons Land. Currently she's just popping up around town freaking out around different people.  The writers strike is obvious at this point. A lot is happening but it's all too quick - like the writers are just ticking off each box that includes a piece of the puzzle. There's no elegance to it. The seams are showing. But if it means they get through this storyline quickly, I'm all for it! In fact, the writers strike may have been the best thing to happen to this story. I've been trying to imagine the long slow burn that Marland probably created for it. 

Also, I don't think I mentioned this earlier but, during the laura/Kim confrontation scene, Kim's "It's not gonna work, Toots. You have miscalculated." is one of the great lines that I shall never forget. The hubby and I have often quoted it during the past few weeks since it has happened.