As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

January 1994 episode. A good example of the show's doldrums at the time (Courtney's sanctimony makes me particularly angry), but watchable. Iva's return and the John scenes are my favorite parts, along with Lucinda and Jessica talking. Oh, and Lucinda asking Holden where his son is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXA9iUPUD8I

First half of a November 2005 episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xo1OYLpiPQw

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If that was a family portrait then that's kind of a sad one.

When Gaby Hoffman mentioned finding Anthony Herrera intimidating, I had this image of him giving her one of those hair raising looks similar to what James did when he was trying to extract a favor out of someone, a 5 year old could easily be intimidated by that expression.

Obviously, I don't know anyone of these people personally but when you think about the time she first remembers meeting him (1987), it was probably a pretty intense time for him as an actor. Not to make excuses for anyone not stepping up to fatherhood but sometimes actors have difficulty releasing themselves from an intense characterization. I don't know whether Herrera was Method, Meisner or whether his character in anyway resembled his personality off-screen but it may have been an intense time period.

Too bad they didn't try to meet later on in their lives (it doesn't sound like they ever did) because they might have been in different places and maybe ready for some sort of détente by then.

• Members

Was his last name seriously "Man"? Oh, no, it's Silva, I see that now and I should've remembered.

I remember seeing NM on ATWT and finding his hair with sideburns wildly out of date even then. That whole show seemed so lame when I would tune in. Ellen Dolan with a terrible hairstyle, involved with some criminal. Carly and Molly, the wacky dykes with more bad hair. And then NM turned up on OLTL looking exactly the same and it took not one but two public outbursts for him to finally be let go years later.

• Members

Welllll....not really. Carly was till pining for Jack. Jack was involved with Julia (in her pre-bitch days) who was guilt-ridden over helping Holden cover up David's death and getting hooked on pills thanks to David (who'd returned as psychiatrist Reid). Julia was also getting involved with him and his mysterious "daughter" (David had kidnapped Faith and replaced her with Andy and Denise's daughter Hope who David called Melinda) and wacked out (I forget what she was supposed to be nurse? groupie?) played by the same chick who played Allison Perkins on OLTL.

Brad was pining after Camille, who he'd fucked after her cancer scare. He's going to end up blackmailing Carly into marriage to pay off some debt from his past and save Camille from some goon. OriginalBrad was actually more interested in Molly. EvilBrad (John Loprieno) just seemed more invested in Carly's money (she'd gotten control of the trust set up by Rosanna for having anyone but Mike's baby and being married to John at the time) and sticking it to Jack.

This is April....Carly and Brad marry in May, Carly and Jack start really reconnecting in June, when Reid forces a breakup between Julia and Jack. (The end of June is Carjack's infamous winecellar scenes....*sigh*) And after one more unfortunate fight, Carly consummates her marriage to Brad (the date, 7/7/99 still lives on in infamy in my consciousness...._) but makes love with Jack at the boathouse on 7/20-21-22.

• Members

It's a very confusing time on ATWT. It may have made more sense with OriginalBrad, but I doubt it. There were times Carly was really written badly, falling for anyone who paid her the least bit of attention....*coughcough*Holden*coughcough*

They were also trying to sell Brad as someone who "understood" Carly better than "judgemental" Jack.