As The World Turns Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm glad you shared that information. I've been trying to find any information on Paul Roberts, but all I could uncover was that he worked on ONE LIFE TO LIVE with Agnes Nixon and Don Wallace.

Does anyone know anything at all about K.C. Collier or John Saffron? Both worked as HW's on ATWT during the early '80s.

Edited by Khan

• Replies 15.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I will always remember this explosive storyline. I still laugh at when Kim asks Bob if he used protection with Susan and Bob say's somwthing like " I didn't exactly go there with a box of condoms and Kim goes into a rant about Susan's past and all the men she's been with and him catching something.....LOL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8-PGnKPHdA

• Members

I googled John Saffron.. and I guess he was a writer briefly on Ryan's Hope.. and All my Children in the late 70s/early 80s. According to a few sites, he was the one who created Lucinda.

I couldn't find anything on K.C. Collier whatsoever.

• Members

I'm re-watching the soap Classics DVDs and watching the episode where John humiliates Lisa and it opens with Mark and Connor. Were they popular? Because I can't stand either actor, their both cringeworthy. I felt like I was watching a parody of a soap opera. The show wasn't exactly exciting then but they stood out as terrible to me.

• Members

I wouldn't call Mark/Connor popular. Allyson Rice Taylor was---she was fired shortly afterwards, and the recast was an epic failure. Mark (I think) lasted until '97, but Oakdale was Kasnoff free I think by June of that year.

• Members

They weren't that popular together, although they had something of a fanbase.

AR-T was one of my favorite actresses on the show in those years, although I had to stop watching at that point because the show just felt so alien to me. I think when the ABC people came in they assumed no one cared about her because she wasn't a big name. There was a huge backlash over her firing, and it got them off to a bad start, which they never recovered from.

• Members

I agree. I do think they had a few fans, but I wasn't one of them. I preferred her with Cal, or on her own. Back then women on ATWT had an identity beyond men, although that was starting to change. Connor was such a rich and deep character. My favorite part about her was her relationship with her brother and mother.

• Members

Connor was great with Cal, they were both very headstrong, independent characters that worked great as a couple but also as individual characters as well.

Connor was friends with Lily, Damian, Emily, and Rosanna while sharing a love/hate relationship with Lucinda. I liked that Lucinda/Connor never were as close after the Walsh takeover. Nowadays, the two would have become soul sisters within a year.. but back then, characters with bad history would normally never be close.

• Members

Thanks for sharing all of that. Perhaps it was just that one scene/episode. I wanted to like Connor but my mind was made up on Mark. I'm going to have to YouTube some Lucinda/Connor, that sounds like it could be great and I could see ART with a talented scene partner.

• Members

Speaking of Connor, she's in some of this episode (the last half of an October 1994 episode - not great, but it's OK, some better than others...it's nice to see some of the last era of business stories, even if they'd run out of steam and become just talk talk talk by this time). The highlight of this for me is probably the scene with Duncan and Devere - great acting. I also like the warm parting of the ways with Kirk and Connor. Lucinda has a scene too (I keep forgetting she still wore somewhat sexy outfits at this point), with Shannon, which was a surprise. I miss that character interaction on soaps. Some good scenes with John too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vB12WnB38X0

Part of an October 1995 episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LoZP88op-xE

The stuff with Orlena is pretty weak but I did enjoy the Jeremy/Margo scenes (before Margo became so bitter) and the scenes with Nancy, Kim, Mac, Bob. Helen Wagner does a great job.

Edited by CarlD2