Top Posters In This Topic

• DRW50

• DramatistDreamer

• Soapsuds

• P.J.

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I read both the Bruder and Fulton interviews. Both provide interesting narratives. I found Bruder's story about the early days of her marriage interesting. The whole first dinner party sequence is something that would easily play on a soap back in the day, but you would never see play out today.

Eileen Fulton is such an interesting character. She seems larger than life and yet grounded, if that makes any sense at all. She sounds like someone who is too big to be in the country, and yet she seems so at home. I found her comments about capital punishment and child rearing a bit shocking only in the sense you would never see such topics broached by the current soap press is such a natural manner. If any of this would have been talked about today, it would be presented with salacious undertones.

I found Fulton a bit contradictory though when it came to mercy. She claims to prefer it, but that seemed in stark contradiction to her views on capital punishment earlier. I guess she could have been blinded by her friend's murder, but it seemed rather hypocritical.

• Members

There's so much they talk about in the 70s which you would never hear broached today.

I'm just sorry none of these relationships ever seemed to work out for her. They get so much focus in her 70s interviews, and you can tell they were very important to her.

Edited by CarlD2