ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Please no more GL rejects...lol. Daniel Cosgrove was enough! He was just awful as Chris.

I hope we get those answers too. And I hope someone writes a book about the backstage stuff at ATWT. I want to know what everyone really thought of Goutman.

I liked Korver...I liked Bailey Chase too and previous Chris before Cosgrove.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Thanks so much for posting that. I had watched it on the CBS site a few days ago, which is difficult to navigate (although not as difficult as ABC's site). I already ranted a bit about their version of Craig so I won't do it again. I'm glad Rosanna made a few appearances. I have a soft spot for Cady's Rosanna (nothing against Yvonne Perry but most of her years as Rosanna I wanted someone to just shake her) and after the horrendous exits she got in 2005 and 2008 I didn't think they'd bring her back. Her return last year and the stuff this time were nice.

• Members

I don't think we've had an official confirmation, but yeah, that was Maura's emmy dress.

Two, BRO's fate comes and goes with story plotting. Once in a great while, Babs would imply she was still there, or Paul would go off on a "business trip"...but I honestly don't know why TIIC pulled that out of their ass as some benchmark of Babs and Paul's relationship.

I didn't really see any reason Reid had to die either. (personally, I'm sure Janet would have been a perfect tissue match...LOL) That's the one disappointment I had overall since the cancellation was announced---I don't understand why more chances weren't taken---ATWT and Goutman had nothing to lose. Ship Craig off to jail for embezzlement, have Libby die, marry off Holden and Molly...whatever. Some of their story resolutions really felt hollow. The entire Craig/Gabe thing was a big ol' waste of time.

• Members

I remember back in 2005 when I first heard that Block and McCain were leaving, I figured there would be a nice tidy ending for the two. Boy was I wrong! We had to suffer had through Jeffery Meek and Lindstrom. Actually while JL wasn't as bad as Meek I could never warm up to his Craig, and the Carly/Craig/Rosanna triangle it is still beyond absurd the three would get into a triangle given their history. Under the right circumstances and actors we could have seen Craig and Ro slowly reconcile their differences ala Holly and Roger but hey that was setting the bar way too high. And Scott Bryce, poor man. Never did understand why they turned down Hunt Block in '08 if they were going to bring back Craig--they still obviously wrote for Craig as if he was still in the role.

There was always something I found unlikeable about Perry's Rosanna. It wasn't Perry herself, it was mainly the character. I think that unlikeable thing turned into hatred when Rosanna caused Carly's miscarriage. McCain's first couple years as Ro was great as a driven, passionate woman with an edge. Well until good old Hoggie had her weeping over Cabot all the time. I'm not even still sure what her 2007 return was about really, to be sacrificed for Craig and Meg? Then Paul and Meg? Yeesh. Craig and Rosanna deserved so much better.

• Members

I sometimes wonder if they did decide to redeem Craig almost to spite Scott Bryce. I guess Hunt could have come back for that (was he interested?). They might have decided they needed a new face.

My biggest problem with this "redemption", as I mentioned a few days ago, was that he had already learned this lesson in a very long and painful and incredibly powerful way, through Betsy and Sierra. So he has forgotten all that and is now a sociopath, but finds his goodness through Lily's forgiveness? I just don't buy it. If this was going to happen with anyone it should have been Sierra.

I just thought Perry's Rosanna was very cold, and that she shouldn't have been used as a long-suffering heroine type. I think opinion rests on how you felt about Rosanna/Mike. I hated them so it just intensified my issues with the character, especially when it became about money.

If Perry had returned as Rosanna in 2002 then I might have had a very different opinion of her.

• Members

Yeah, I don't understand the purpose in bringing back Craig with Lindstrom. They established he was an unrepetant !@#$%^&*] (blackmailing Katie into an alibi) then proceeded to de-ball him in every way possible. (although I personally loved that Parker was able to outsmart him seven ways from Sunday and that Carly left him twice at the altar...)

GMAB---Lily's forgiveness is what rocks his world? Not getting away with arson and embezzling $50 million with little more than a knee to the groin and a semi-nice wedding toast? Seriously?

• Members

I am not in withdrawls yet...I still have one week to go. I watched Monday's show and thought for the most part was dreadful. Too much Janet and Liberty. I guess they had to use Liberty to feature Parker and Faith's possible new romance. The only good part was Jack and Carly and John Dixon.

It sad not see news/articles/comings and goings about ATWT. It feels so weird just seeing six soaps.

Archived