ATWT: September 2010 Discussion Thread

• Members

Just saw Tuesday's show and way too much Janet. Any wonder why this soap was cancelled. Of course Janet was closely based on Jean Pissy...ugh!

I floved the short scenes with Parker and Will. Jack's little talk with Holden/Parker/Will was cute.

I had already heard that there was way too much Janet the last week.

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Wednesday's show is a keeper. The wedding was nicely done minus Liberty and Janet's screaming...Ugh......

Lot of great scenes with Jack/Carly/Parker/Faith/Margo/Tom/Will/Gwen/Rosanna/Molly. Why didn't they put Parker and Faith together in a story instead of the dreadful Liberty. It could have saved me so much pain.

• Members

Thursday's show

Glad Dusty was the father. Though Dusty and Janet...blah....the whole clan is just blah

Carly expecting....sweet!! It's got to be Jack Jr....lol

Lucinda and John....love them

I loved Lucinda's attitude to Lily speech afterwards.......it was like Lily you dont want me in your life well [!@#$%^&*] you....hey John lets have some fun....lol

Noah and Luke....of course we had to have another kiss so not to disappoint the Insane Nuke fanbase:rolleyes:

• Members

I didnt like how they handled Lily and Holden. I didnt think they shoulod have ended off together but I was expecting for the end to tease the possibility, especially with all that build up from Lucinda and John. I thought that was the purpose of her talk with them prior to leaving and what Holden had to say to her. I would have liked Lily to mention something like maybe someday they might be able to find their way back to each other too. At least a hug or something.

• Members

Babs and Lisa have been friends forever. (Odd, since Babs dumped Tom at the altar back in the late '70's-early '80's) They owned Fashions together in the mid-'80's, but their friendship predates that. I can't ever remember them not being friends.

• Administrator

If anyone can help me fill in these, I would greatly appreciate it. :)

August 24- D: Christopher Goutman; SW: Susan Dansby

August 25-

August 26- D: Jennifer Pepperman; SW: Penelope Koechl

August 27- D: Ellen Wheeler; SW: Leslie Nipkow

August 30-

August 31- D: Michael Eilbaum; SW: Susan Dansby

SEPTEMBER:

September 1-

September 2-

September 3-

September 7-

September 8-

September 9-

September 13-

September 14- D: Jennifer Pepperman; SW: Josh Griffith

September 15- D: Christopher Goutman; SW: Susan Dansby

September 16- D: Maria Wagner; SW: Susan Dansby

September 17- D: Christopher Goutman; SW: David A. Levinson

• Members

Want some gossip? Cady Mclain and John Lindstrom are dating in real life. This is sort of ironic because she also dated ex-Craig Hunt Block. She is actually great in person and they make for a good match.

I watched today's CBS soap line up and it felt so strange at 2pm not to have ATWT. The show has been junk for years, I even understand why it got the ax, but still, nonetheless, miss Oakdale.

Does anyone know what PGP is doing with their 'classic' shows? I see now they have an Edge of Night Today blog going as well as AW Today and The Light Shines on? What is the motive here? They've aren't selling any soap with this site and it makes we wonder if they are trying to sell the entire library of shows as either repeats or to another studio for revamp.

• Members

Sept 13: Pepperman; Koechl

Aug 25: Goutman; Griffith

I had heard recently about Lindstrom and McClain...I find it kind of Beth Ehler-ish that McClain is dating her most recent leading man.

I don't exactly know what's motivating the PGP blogs, especially now that they're not sponsored by Telenext. (The author Alina (who wrote the ATWT and GL books) has made it clear the site is ad-funded now and appeals to everyone to click on the links..) The only thing I can think of is that she's hoping to continue to write tie-in novels for specific characters.

Billy Magnussen was on NCIS:LA last night.

I miss ATWT. Y&R sucks and until the latest Steph story on B&B, all of that sucked too.

• Members

Just watched the start of season 52/2007 and was shocked to see how good ATWT still was at that point. Looking back, that was sort of a tipping point for the show and the point at which good story disapeared. I was shocked to see 4 stories told on one show. Also, they still had some of the old sets and they looked so much better. The old Al's set looked like a real diner. I don't get why Goutman wasted so much money on new yet cheap looking sets. I'm guessing that they must have been cheaper to put up. Even WOAK looked better. That season, ATWT ranked #3 in HH--insane how quickly everything went to sh*t. Martha leaving really harmed the show but it was the new production model and cast cuts that really wrecked the show.

Archived