Anonymous Posters

juniorz1

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Ugh, I didn't even realize I was doing that at first! I have a wonky mouse on my PC, some of you all may remember my penchant for DP (<-don't make it bad) a few months ago... I've clicked on anon when I meant to click the "don't remember my password", shoot, I could have been signing my life away. :P I feel a little creepy when I do it though :lol: and I have signed out and signed back in again, but now I don't really care. If you see "anonymous user" in a thread and a post from me a moment later, it's like, "Duh." My fun/boredom stalker button is "Last click", it's funny to see "guests" checking out all of our profiles and reading REALLY old threads.

• Members

You may have done it accidentally but there are MANY that do it purposefully.

And frankly, you can fix that. Just log out, and when you go to log back in (you have to do it the long way, not in the automatic window prompts), just uncheck the sign in anonymously box.

No need to get your panties in a wad- I clearly wasn't speaking to accidental anonymity.

• Members

:lol: Love that! There's no problem with reading old threads, I do it too, no judgment. It's just interesting when you look on last click and it's almost all guests reading really old posts that they probably had to dig for, it's like fans doing research or soap stars Googling themselves . I do think it's interesting though that profile views often exceed post numbers, I almost don't understand that.

• Members

I think that might have something to do with people wanting/trying to send PMs or commenting on status updates. Plus there's my specialty: meaning to click on "last post" but clicking on the poster's name instead.

Of course there's the sad truth that some posters have grudge/boundary issues. That's the reason I surf anonymously on any board that offers the option. I know what it's like to have some psycho clicking on your name over and over to see what thread you're posting in just so they can keep screaming at you.

• Members

So, wait... it just doesn't show that you're online? but your posts show as by you right?

I'm anonymous right now, seeing what will happen lol

ETA: OK, so it's the same as if you weren't anonymous, what's the difference? I've often wondered why people choose to do this, but I never really cared that much about it. Nobody PMs me anyway :rolleyes: lol

Archived