Article on OLTL's Live Week from 2002

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the live week was a coffin nail. It was basically just a stunt. The real problem on OLTL at this time were the stories -- Niki's 2002 return was one of the worst stories in OLTL history. The only real bright spot in terms of major stories was Blair finding out about the dead baby lie.

I'd forgotten that they had people show up for cameos. I kind of wish they'd do that now. If they had Brynn Thayer walk through a scene with the 30 year old Fords I might pay more attention.

• Members

Thing is, Gary Tomlin tried this [!@#$%^&*] before @ SEARCH FOR TOMORROW. (Remember the conveniently destroyed tape that caused the show to go live again for one day?) And the ratings experienced only a little bump then, too. People don't care if a show's being transmitted live or not -- and they're certainly not gonna watch just to see if anyone will screw up (on purpose)!

You want me to give a damn about Ford and James, OLTL? Well, revealing Jenny Wolek as their mom would be a start. (The rest, of course, is up to the actors. Oops, nevermind.)

• Members

I didn't find this stunt to be all that bad, let alone a coffin nail. It actually was a bright point for me as a viewer, showing just how capable the actors of OLTL were as well as the writers at the time who used the week as a climax for some of their stories.

Archived