DAYS: Vivian and Carly spumor

• Members

Because the first go arounds production values were so good? LOL. I watched it the other week actually, the storyline is fun and i love it, but it is cheap as hell.

Why WOULDNT she do this? You also have to think, if they are gearing up mto shoot this in the next month it wont air for about three.

And who said Carly does it? Someone else could do it and Carly becomes involved and doesnt help her.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

In 2010, it looks like crap, but in 1993 it was actually pretty daring and very Gothic. The moody lighting design DAYS had back then really added to the Gothic intrigue of the story.

But now? DAYS looks like a brightly/badly lit 70's sitcom. When they do outlandish storytelling like this, the production element needs to be very strong.

• Members

Louise Sorel made that buried alive comment when she was presenting the Best Writing award with Peter Reckell at the Emmys the other night. Really didn't think of it much until now. I wonder if that meant something? LOL. Also, Sorel's interview with Buzzworthy Radio on the red carpet, she told them that she just recently realized, a few days ago, how psychotic Viv really is. She said she couldn't mention whats going to happen, but that it's going to be insane. Wow, i bet it has something to do with this.

• Members

LOL!! Thanks, yep that's them. They came face to face for the first time at an Emmy party last week and took pics together. These two look so much alike, they would have been great on GH together as Father/Son, mixing it up with Carly, Jason, & Sonny. Magic.

• Members

I think days old production gets way too much credit. the current one is crappy, no doubt, but i dont think its some huge fall fromg race. its always been rather cheap and bad, imho. Its def brighter than it has been before, and thats my biggest issue with it. But if they are buring someone alive perhapos they will realize it should be dark... lol.

Yeah it is, they met at the emmys. There is one of sarah brown/sean kanan/drew garrett somewhere.

• Members

Oh, I agree that DAYS has never looked that great. It's always eternally felt and looked like an 80's soap in terms of sets, directing, and the background music has sucked for at least 15 years now. But in the 90's they had a passable lighting design that really added a Gothic element to the show, and a lot of their outlandish crap was adequately produced.

But it's even worse looking now, IMO. The show feels like everything is made out of cardboard, and then drenched in Pepto Bismol to give it it that nasty pink overtone.

• Members

I agree, and it's just so *weird* how it suddenly started looking this way about a year and a half ago. Just seeing the Horton home, especially the living room, now in present day... it doesn't look like a warm inviting home. It looks cheap, cardboard-like, and completely like a a fake set. I just don't get it, how it looks so awful now; how the light hits the walls now and really accentuates the fakeness of it. It never looked this way until 2009.

That said, I hope they put some excitement into the show and up the stakes again, because now that Alice's goodbye has passed and the veteran returns are over (except for Kimberly & Shane), it's back to the same ol' crap that can't keep my interest.

• Members

Funny, seiing as how they didnt change it, at all. It is exactly the set it always has been. But again. i HAVE always felt this way about Days sets. Even Salem Place, and that was a real set. They have always looked fake and cheap, not as bad as OLTL, but still.

Jenn is still around too. She gets into it with someone next week, i forget who tho. Vivian maybe. IDK.

At this point im just waiting for Caroline and Maggie to go at it - next friday - about Victor.

• Members

There's been alterations to it over the years. For instance, there used to be a door in between the staircase and the front door which led to Tom Horton's office. When we saw the house for Alice's funeral, the front door was clearly visible from the living room when it never could be before. But besides the physical differences, the walls looked different too, but I'll attribute that to their terrible new way of lighting their sets now.

Alas, we'll never see that set again :( It's going to that great big soap opera set in the sky, alongside Salem Place, Tuscany, and Marlena's penthouse.

Archived