DAYS: Vivian and Carly spumor

• Members

I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought the Horton house looked TERRIBLE and so unlike how it used to look. For the Alice's Death episodes it looked so cheap and fake, it never looked like that before. Perhaps they repainted the walls or something or underdressed the set, it looked strange.

Love or hate Salem Place, it was unique for daytime. Losing it was bad, in DAYS' current production model, it would have been terrific.

The one DAYS set I loved, which they destroyed, was the Dimera mansion, back in the 90s/early 2000s when it had those blue walls and then the pale green walls in the back of the living room. It wasn't classy, but it was unique and I loved it. I also liked the old Kirakis mansion and Vivian's old townhouse. Otherwise, DAYS has never been known for it's lush sets like Y&R, B&B and GH have.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

"why is days soo badly lit?"

I don't know, but they certainly aren't doing their actors any favors. And that is a big change -- regardless of what the sets looked like, the actors, male and female, always looked gorgeous in years past. I was stunned at how great Peter Reckell looked like on the Emmy telecast vs. what he looks like on his own show. I understand Deidre Hall knew lighting inside and out in terms of making her look great -- I guess she was the last star with the clout to demand good lighting. (Maybe that's another reason they got rid of her!)

• Members

If anything, we should *thank* her for demanding good lighting as long as she did! :P Can you imagine this kind of starchy lighting during the serial killer and Captive Island garbage? Oy, and you thought it looked cheap then... I can just see poor Jennifer hanging on to dear life with a shiny plastic vine of leaves now...

• Members

i think friday's episode looked darker for some reason it wasnt soo pink and plastic looking.... im scared to death what the sets will look like if they burry vivian alive...her contract is running out and i havent heard anything about her staying so im scared they will be killing vivian off.

Archived