A Big Rumor about ATWT Reid

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't even watch the show, but that's bullshit if they screw with fanbases like that. The Nukers won't be happy because Noah was chosen by default, the "Lure" fans won't be happy because Reid dies and doesn't get the happy ending with Luke. Either way you slice this, it's garbage.

They should have brought Larry Lau back and given me my Lube ending.

• Members

That's why they did it! ESS was becoming very popular with fans. They didnt want to anger either side so they leave it like that. Reid dies....Luke is heartbroken...Noah comes in...consoles him...and viewers see that Nuke might get a second chance...fade to black on that story...watch it happen!!

• Members

This rumor is all over the soap boards. If this is true, what a cop out. As a Reid fan, I didn't need him with Luke at the end. I wanted Reid to be living his life, while Luke rode off into the sunset with Noah. But to kill Reid off... is just mean. I only started watching ATWT again because of Reid played by the talented ESS. I'll never learn.

• Members

Personally, I would rather go through a summer of suffering with Nuke, get it all out of their system, and finally have Reid/Luke reunite at the very end than Reid just...dying. That would be the worst ending ever, not to mention a huge copout. You really can't please everybody--fanbases are everywhere on both sides. So they need to simply pick a money couple and stick with it.

• Members

Wow.

An ex-lover of Reid's tracks him down to Oakdale. He wants to make amends. They've both made mistakes, they've both said things they shouldn't have, but most of all, they both want to make it work. Reid tells Luke that he was only using him to get over the ex. Luke understands because it's exactly what he was doing with Noah. Luke convinces Reid to swallow his pride, be a man, and go after his ex. Reid and the ex vow to make it work this time and get a penthouse at the Lakeview.

Noah tells Luke that he needs time to himself and really doesn't need to be in a relationship right now. Luke is hurt, but he lets Noah do what he needs to do. Noah leaves Oakdale to live with distant relatives. Luke is left alone, but in a way, he's okay with that. In the last episode, he meets a guy, and the audience is given an enormous hint that, in the future, they'll be together.

And that's it.

• Members

But isn't that what they have done? Clearly, JP and Goutman are devoted to Noah who is their creation so they didn't kill him off and made sure that he could have a future with Luke (if this rumor is true).

• Members

Very true. It was clear by the script writers who tweet that Nuke was the it couple. Reid is a DK creation. JP and Goutman have only cared about their own favorites which dont include Reid. That's why this show was cancelled. JP and Goutman only wrote for their pets and not for the ATWT fans.

• Members

I honestly think they're on the fence about it and trying to please both sides, hence all this flip-flopping with Reid and Noah every week. That may not be true, thats only what it *feels* like. If they have indeed decided Noah and Luke are *it*, well...I guess I'll have to deal but that shouldn't come at Reid's expense. Actually, nobody should have to die! The show is already ending, that would just be twisting the knife :(

• Members

Well this is bull crap because they dont have the guts to let Luke choose. This is a copout because the TPTB have not spine by doing something different by choosing Lure but putting Nuke back by default. Well I have my memories or I would if they would be on my screen longer than one day.

• Members

This sounds a bit like the non-ending with Reva choosing Josh because she assumed Jeffrey was dead.

As someone who never cared about Luke/Reid and just wanted to see Reid on his own I think this is pathetic.

Archived