A Big Rumor about ATWT Reid

• Members

Just ridiculous. One last slap in the face, and just what we all need when representation of gays on TV is getting lower and lower and America is continuing to not move forward, might even be moving backwards, on these issues. Yet another dead gay man. And even better, this is likely the last time we will ever see a gay man on American daytime soaps, and what will we be seeing? A corpse.

Why do I have a feeling that someone at ATWT was "inspired" by that awful John Paul/Craig/Kieron story on Hollyoaks.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah a bad move IMO. People need to call the hotline number and complain. Yes, it ts too late to change things..but...well they are probably all gone by now...lol.

I am pissed off! Reid could have easily just stayed single running the hospital.

• Members

Hey, at least two gay men make it out alive. Have you seen that cast picture? Not a person of color in sight.

You might be right there. I'm so disappointed that Reid dies, but really when have Passante and Goutman ever not disappointed us?

This is what I thought they would do. I don't get the need to kill off Reid.

• Members

They created that drippy character, played by a horrible actor, they were never going to kill off Noah and he was always going to end up with Luke. I just don't get why they killed of Reid. Resentment that the character become so popular so fast and he was DK's creation. I bet if DK had stayed Reid would be alive running his neurological wing, while Luke ran off with Noah.

• Members

YUp

And why kill a popular new character and keep a dull character like Noah alive?? Seriously, Jake Silbermann cant act S H I T!! Reid was the best character ATWT has created in years. I guess Katie will be torn up over another death again......yipee...NOT!!

Supposedly, two people who posted this rumor were at the set when the death was being taped.

• Members

One of the people was on the set after Reid's death and the other knows someone who was there yesterday on the last day of taping. It is pretty much confirmed. I want to see if Anthony Langford will say anything in his AfterElton blog. He is a huge Reid fan and I read that he was pissed off. Mala at SOW also loved Reid so she can't be pleased either.

But aren't all soaps complete crap by their last episode? It is standard.

• Members

Yes, but creatively, ATWT earned its cancellation. It was going to go off regardless of quality, but the show has been dead creatively for some time now. Months leading up to its finale has desensitized a lot. I'm not shocked by this story development, they've been pulling inane story ideas like this for years.

All one has to do is look at the type of stories they've given Luke and Noah over the past three years. They've all been done for some type of shock value and never really for anything substantial.

Noah is a dead character and has been one since day one, but they were always going to be the end game somehow. It's not the first time a soap will have caved in to some fanbase or another. They're just doing it at Reid's expense to get some shock value out of it while they still can. It's typical of Goutman/Passanante's style.

• Members

I agree with this completely, but I guess I don't get worked up any more. ATWT has not been recognizable since shortly after Marland died. I thought there was a brief resurgence under Hogan, but that didn't last long. I think that Another World, Santa Barbara, and Guiding Light were the same. By the time, they were cancelled, I could only shake my head at how far these once great soaps had fallen. ATWT is no different in that regard.

• Members

Well if they did kill off Reid there are going to be some pissed off people. Why kill off one of their popular characters even though only been there for a short while. I agree Noah character is boring and a waste. Why oh why am I not surprised that ATWT is going off like this. I have always been pissed off with all endings of show Guiding Light takes the cake though.

• Members

Hey guys. I've been lurking here for quite a few years, and was hoping that my first post would be more positive, but now that my worst fears are confirmed, I just had to vent.

I only starting watching again because of Reid/Eric, so why would any of us be surprised that a popular character would be dismissed so easily.

JP and company are hacks, and I'm so sorry for you OLTL fans. Fingers crossed that your show isn't the next one on the chopping block.

BTW, last I heard, Anthony Langford was saying he couldn't comment about anything regarding this storyline.

• Members

I can't wait to hear their reaction to the news. I agree all soaps suck already. There is not one good soap on the air right now.

And your post is the exact reason why ATWT was cancelled. Goutman and Pissy will continue to kill off other soaps one at a time until there is not one soap left.

• Members

The last time ATWT was recognizable was when Richard Culliton was HW back in 95. Then they fired him and got Stern and Black and the true nightmare began. Hogan only had one good year.

Welcome aboard!! AL not commenting says a lot. I bet he is anxious to tell all!!

Archived