Torchwood back for another season

DRW50

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't have a problem with Eve, she's a wonderful actress, but I did have a problem with the constant need to push Gwen as the main heroine that all men (except Ianto, who was mostly just a supporting player) must love, complete with scenes of men looking on forlornly at her wedding, other men staring at her in adoration as she gives a rousing speech at the end of season 2, et al. Gwen and Her Men, essentially. Meanwhile, Toshiko just gets a bullet to the stomach for her troubles.

But I would rather see more of Gwen than anything with what's become of Jack, so if they have her on a lot that's fine with me.

Alexa is a good actress but I do wonder where they will take her character. With a few exceptions I think RTD tends to only write good stuff for older women, not so much younger actresses.

• Members

So Torchwood has cast not only a former All My Children star but a former Neighbours star too! (Dichen Lachman played Katya Kinski - Susan's step-daughter, Zeke and Rachel's older sister - from the end of 2005 to the beginning of 2007).

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Yes Whip Ziprock was a welcome surprise. I'm loving it too--the US addition is far less jaring than I expected (interestingly apparently Buffy/Angel, etc, writer Jane Espenson is co show runner with Russell Davies and I noticed Angel exec producer Kelly A Manners in the credits). I like that the show will tell one story over the ten episodes.

Archived